Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

or nitrous.

Nice. All the nitrous guys I've read about have quite good results at the strip with it.

Originally posted by Livinsvt:
I assume most of you probaly have not driven a c6 z06, 505hp of fury, thats so docile and manageable its ridicoulus. So easy to drive and maintain. You don't have things like tourqe steer weighing you down. RWD is superior plan and simple, don't get your feelings hurt. I don't.

My feelings definitly aren't hurt. I have driven a C6 Z06 and I've driven cars that make more RWHP than that as well. I still think each car is so differnet you can't really say one is easier than another. Sure a new C6 Z06 may be easier to manage on the street than a 400whp FWD car that came out 5 years ago. But that Vette also has the latest and greatest in suspension and brakes and all that crap too. To the contrary, if you try comparing the 400whp FWD car to an old muscle car w/o power steering (amoung other things) it's obviously different.

Originally posted by Pope:
Originally posted by RyeLou:
And I really don't think it's any easier to control a 650hp RWD car than it is a 400hp FWD car. In one you get torque steer and the other you get the tail end kicking out.

all I have to add is that tail end kick out is generally more fun than torque steer. (and always on a closed cource)

haha, I definitly won't disagree. Either way if one becomes too much you're in a world or hurt.

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by warmonger:
Someone else has already dyno'd...............

shhh.....!!!!

There is somewhat of a story behind it, still waiting on the graph...and lot more power to be had.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by stilov:
Originally posted by warmonger:
Someone else has already dyno'd...............

shhh.....!!!!

There is somewhat of a story behind it, still waiting on the graph...and lot more power to be had.

[

who me???

lol

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
now stilov you know it not good to tease us with I did already. Even if you dynoed less it would be interesting to see what the car can make untuned. I will show mine regardless if the car not up to par suspense kills us..........lol

99 SVT #198 blk/blue Spec 3/quaife/stage 2 shafts T3/T4 fully built 3.0 ported heads water injec./intercooled 13.2 @ 107 mph clifford alarm and turbo timer koni struts H&R springs intercooler for sale
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Heheh, the D!cks at the dyno place sent him away without a printout and he's gotta get it from them.

Oops! I mean Someone has dyno'd and needs to get the sheet.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L

My feelings definitly aren't hurt. I have driven a C6 Z06 and I've driven cars that make more RWHP than that as well. I still think each car is so differnet you can't really say one is easier than another. Sure a new C6 Z06 may be easier to manage on the street than a 400whp FWD car that came out 5 years ago. But that Vette also has the latest and greatest in suspension and brakes and all that crap too. To the contrary, if you try comparing the 400whp FWD car to an old muscle car w/o power steering (amoung other things) it's obviously different.

Originally posted by Pope:
And I really don't think it's any easier to control a 650hp RWD car than it is a 400hp FWD car. In one you get torque steer and the other you get the tail end kicking out.

all I have to add is that tail end kick out is generally more fun than torque steer. (and always on a closed cource)

haha, I definitly won't disagree. Either way if one becomes too much you're in a world or hurt.

Leaf springs new technology . Not to mention the c6 suspension is basicly the same as the c5 (1998), the rear setup is a little differnet, better tires, wheels base and sure more refined tuning in the c6. Sorry not really a valid point. Old muscle cars with 400hp rwd, nope still easier to manage. Solid axles make a difference. Doesn't matter what your comparing RWD superior. Don't get me wrong power in any car is fun. I like high powered csvts

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Stilov, where did you go to Dyno? Im curious. . .

I also know of a great guy in Boulder named Harvey. Very very friendly and an all around great guy. I bet he would enjoy seeing your car. I dyno'd with him a few times, so I personally would like him to see what these cars were capable of. He runs a Dyno Dynamics AWD dyno (can do FWD or RWD just fine), and is a dynamo Subaru tuner. I think he now has the fastest Scoobie 1/4 mile time in the state.

Anyway, just an FYI. He works at SuperRupair in Boulder. Great guy and a car nut in general. If you want more info, let me know.

EDIT: If you are going for the HP title, I would hold off on the D.D. dyno. Notoriously low numbers. There are quite a few Dynojets in the Denver area, however.

Last edited by KingpinSVT; 09/03/06 05:13 PM.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Ok well...I will tell you, but they are supposed to email me my dyno sheet...I think Tuesday b/c of the holiday.

It was with 91 octane, and it was at about 12psi...I think.

The guy doing the dyno couldn't work my boost controller and wasn't that convincing as far as what psi it was at.

So they sent me away saying my turbo was faulty or too small...no it isn't. (PFI Speed was the shop in Ft. Collins)

I dyno'd 336 and I think 324 torque.

Since then Tom has up'd my timing a bit and leaned me out. The datalog I sent Tom indicates I made that power flowing 27 lbs/min...right Tom? So maybe it was more of a 10 psi? I am not really sure, but my turbo should push at least 40 lbs/min.

I will spend some time dialing in my boost controller and then head back to turn the boost up.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
W
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
W
The timing isn't really as big of a help as leaning the air fuel out will be. That is where the power will be made. We just don't want to over/underadvance the engine.

It sounds like he was dynoing between 10-11 psi to me. That is pretty darn good numbers for an engine that is only 9:1 when my 10:1 engine on 10psi would spike up and then back down to 10 psi would make around 350 hp. The higher compression easily accounts for that.
So he's nearly there already at around the same boost pressure, plus his engine can be boosted even higher without too much fear.
His airflow numbers show he was making it around 27 #/min (based on maf counts which in turn is dependent on how well the maf curve is figured out) and that means he's got at least another 15 #/min available in the turbo. THat's about 50% more airflow available and I think it can fully take him over the 400 wHP mark once we get a couple of back-back dyno runs with tune corrections as well as someone who can turn a damned boost controller knob!

Wait till we get it upwards of 16-18psi.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
not that i'm even close to being a "titan" so i shouldnt be posting here, but i will guarantee when i get on the dyno next i WILL put down over 300 WHP on the stock motor with 138k on it now. i put that power down with a slipping clutch and AFR's at 9.1:1. it's a whole new car holding at 12.5 all the way through on the bottle, and 13:0 off. 300 slips coming soon...... anyhow, back to the fast car talk!

(dont count out blackcoog i just saw his setup!)

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard