Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
car: 1996 GL / auto. / 2L / 97,000

problems: o/d light flash (highway only) and bang shift

I understand this problem...with great help from the members of this forum. I will do the 3x drain and fill and probably change the TSS. But nothing major.

I want to use an ATF additive. Any thought on this?
Which brand name and how much too use? I read that a product called LubeGuard is pretty good. And what about Lucas?

Thanks

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
if your tranny is fine after you change the TSS and change the fluid I wouldn't use any additive. Additive is usually to cure a problem (rough shifting, slipping, etc..)

If it ain't broke, Don't fix it.

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by pre98zetec:
if your tranny is fine after you change the TSS and change the fluid I wouldn't use any additive. ...

+1

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Tony2005:
Originally posted by pre98zetec:
if your tranny is fine after you change the TSS and change the fluid I wouldn't use any additive. ...

+1

+2

Just change the fluuid and the TSS. I'd bet your problems will wander away...

2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I added 1/2 a bottle of Lucas Trans fluid and installed a aux cooler. It cut the trans operating temp big time.
The CD4E is bad for overheating. I didn't have any problems before. But, it has never shifted better.

95 Contour GL. Bought new. BAT Sway Bars/Pioneer CD/Koni Rear Struts/Mobil Fluids. Looking for 15" alloy rims-PM me. 180,500km's so far.

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard