Next Thread
Print Thread
K
KyleH Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I searched but didn't come up with much.

I'm having a problem getting the SVT into gear when the car is at idle.
When driving along it seems to shift fine, and even when getting into first after being stopped seems fine. Once I put it into reverse and then go try to go back into gear, it is VERY difficult. It also doesn't seem to matter what gear I try to go into, they're all difficult. My wife says it does happen without having shifted into reverse, but I haven't experienced that yet.

If I shut the car off, or the car is rolling it'll shift in fine.

I have an ESP on the car, so I'm hoping it'll be coverd by that, but I want to get an idea of what it could be before taking it to a delear. To me it seems like the clutch.

Anyone have any input?

Thanks

My Cars 1999 Silver Frost SVT - 80,000km #2603/2760 Aug. 10, 1999. 1996 Mercury Mystique LS V6 MTX - retired @ 323,151km. 1995 Ford Contour V6 MTX-sold @ 214,000km
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Before doing anything else, try bleeding the clutch. It sounds like the clutch may be dragging a little (not fully releasing). If you have not done so recently, just change the clutch fluid, for that matter change the brake fluid at the same time since it is the same fluid from the same resevoir.

Next question is what trans fluid do you have in it and how old is it?

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard