Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Are the upper and lowers intake manifolds from a '95 a direct swap with a '98? I know the fuel rail is different, but I don't know if the mounting points for said rail are different.

Reason I ask is this: My car is a '98 and I have a '95 parts car. I want to do the UIM and LIM cleaning, and I would like to be able to clean the ones off the parts car before hand, so I can just direct swap and clean the newer ones at my convenience. This way, no down time and my Saturday can be spent on more relaxing pasttimes.

Anyone have any idea if this is feasible?

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i believe that the lim is different since it uses different injectors/fuel rail

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by BrApple:
i believe that the lim is different since it uses different injectors/fuel rail

'95 LIM uses vacuum actuated secondaries. '98 uses an electro-mechanical IMRC. I do not know if the differences are outside of the linkage, or if any of the actuating parts are attached to the LIM on the '95 as I've not seen one in person...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.

Link Copied to Clipboard