Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/423466/821545

talk about a sick and twisted situation. i can't even sort through it to determine who is more to blame; the ridiculous parents or the ridiculous law enforcement. makes me sick

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I've seen plenty of kids whose parents should have taken their actions that serious. I don't think its ridiculous at all for the parents.

The law enforcement agency is responsible for the well being of those in their custody.

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by 1314:
I've seen plenty of kids whose parents should have taken their actions that serious. I don't think its ridiculous at all for the parents.

The law enforcement agency is responsible for the well being of those in their custody.

You beat me to my post! I agree completely!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
You beat me to my post! I agree completely!

as do i. god forbid parents actually try to force some sense into their kids heads.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by 1314:

I agree. I'm all for parents charging their kids with crimes. I tell you what, in my house my kid would rather have the police to deal with them than have me deal with them for real.

Besides, how were the parents to know that they'd KILL the kid? I'm sure they're feeling really bad right now. Like they sent him to a death sentence.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
I'm sure they're feeling really bad right now. Like they sent him to a death sentence.

as they should! they DID send him to a death sentence. granted, they didn't know it at the time. who the [censored] sends there kid to jail and refuses to bail them out over a borrowed car? dumbass parents, that's who.

and boy am i sorry for any of your people's children. he borrowed the car without asking (stealing?). it's not like he went on a seven state joy ride and never brought it back. relying on law enforcement to dicipline your children is flat out retarded. people that do so should not be allowed to reproduce (idiots breed idiots).

~Andrew

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:
he borrowed the car without asking (stealing?). it's not like he went on a seven state joy ride and never brought it back.

"Borrowing" without asking is stealing. Plain and simple. His actions after the fact (not going on a seven state joy ride) don't excuse the theft, nor do they make the theft acceptable. Did the parents over react? Possibly, maybe not. We don't know if the kid was a problem child or if this was an isolated incident. Doesn't matter. The parents chose a course of punishment that you obviously wouldn't, but it was legal and possibly their only recourse at this point. Regardless, no one taken into custody by law enforcement should fear for their life. The blame here lies soley and squarely on the LE entity.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
well unfortunately we don't know the past history of the child. Maybe the parents failed to discipline the kid early on, and now he was out of control (not like crazy out of control, but no response to the authority of his parents). I doubt many parents would call the cops on their kid for a one-time thing, he had probably been given many warnings and this was an attempt to smack some sense/fear into him.

I agree it's sad, but if the parents can't handle their kid, it's time to call someone who can.

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
he borrowed the car without asking (stealing?). it's not like he went on a seven state joy ride and never brought it back.

"Borrowing" without asking is stealing. Plain and simple. His actions after the fact (not going on a seven state joy ride) don't excuse the theft, nor do they make the theft acceptable. Did the parents over react? Possibly, maybe not. We don't know if the kid was a problem child or if this was an isolated incident. Doesn't matter. The parents chose a course of punishment that you obviously wouldn't, but it was legal and possibly their only recourse at this point. Regardless, no one taken into custody by law enforcement should fear for their life. The blame here lies soley and squarely on the LE entity.

i borrowed my mothers car quite a few times without asking. when i got home she just asked where i had gone. we had this weird thing called a GOOD PARENT/CHILD RELATIONSHIP. she trusted me and i never did anything to break that trust. now, i realize no one knows the full extent of the story or what had happened. maybe the kid deserved the cops called on him and jail time. but i am going with innocent until proven guilty theory. since i don't have any reason to believe otherwise, the kid gets the benefit of the doubt in my mind and the parents [censored] up in their actions.

~Andrew

M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
as they should! they DID send him to a death sentence. granted, they didn't know it at the time. who the [censored] sends there kid to jail and refuses to bail them out over a borrowed car? dumbass parents, that's who.

and boy am i sorry for any of your people's children. he borrowed the car without asking (stealing?). it's not like he went on a seven state joy ride and never brought it back. relying on law enforcement to dicipline your children is flat out retarded. people that do so should not be allowed to reproduce (idiots breed idiots).

~Andrew

how good it must feel to armchair quarterback from the comfort of your desk chair.

you know NOTHING about the situation other that what has been reported, yet you easily cast judgement. as has been said, you don't know the kids past history. i find it unlikely that the parents went to that extreme after a single incident. but even if they did, it's certainly not their fault the kid got killed. if we used your reasoning, every parent who's kid committed suicide after a parent yelled at them is at fault too.

i can't get over how quickly you pass judgement on a situation that you once again know little about.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard