Next Thread
Print Thread
#1636734 08/28/06 09:23 AM
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
I suppose this will get buried well before October but here's the scoop on the next Dezert Focus driving event;

Friday-Saturday, 13-14 Oct, we're doing what we call the Long Run. We used to do this in a day and usually takes around 12 hrs but it kills a whole day. Not many people can do this without being pretty burned out and you nearly need a day to recover anyway. The suggestion was made to do half distance, camp out and finish the next day, relaxing the pace (I don't know about that ....) or the stress of a compact schedule anyway. This route goes through Globe to Salt River Canyon, up to Showlow, over to Egar/Springerville and then camp around Alpine. Next day is down one of Automobile magazines 10 best, 666/191 to the mining towns of Clifton/Morenci and back to Phoenix via Safford and Globe.

We are also soliciting for a support vehicle/driver, with a reasonable SUV or Truck to carry asst equip that could be handy on a typical driving event with a fairly large number of cars. This could be someone interested in this type of event but may not have a 'car', or has a car not up to the task at that particular date. It would be nice if the driver had some experience towing and even at general wrench bending.....we are talking about contributing to a fund to help pay this person for fuel costs.

I know not everyone is registered on the Focaljet, but the thread is at:

http://forums.focaljet.com/team-focaljet-dezert-focus/520552-nfs-run-oct-13th-14th-2.html

I think several CEGrs can attest that we're a car club that's pretty 'even' on the way we look at fellow car enthusiasts no matter what they're driving, so you should know that you are all encouraged to join us. Especially our Contour and Cougar brothers.

Dezert Focus Member and Fan of all Euro-Fords. Once driven to the Darkside, there's no turning back.
#1636735 08/28/06 09:31 AM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
You know I'll be there! It would be a sad day for me if I were to miss an NFS event.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard