Next Thread
Print Thread
#1636322 08/27/06 05:21 PM
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
my ford is really living up to "Fix or repair daily", it has broken again. 2000 2.5l svt all stock

Pretty sure it's some suspension components, it might just be time for replacement.

-Yesterday i was driving, took a hard right, and heard a loud clunk from my rear. (some of the noise was my subs). But then now when i drive, even slowly, there seems to be a click-like noise and an occasional pop-like noise, along with the noise i just had which sounded like something was loose in the trunk. When i break, i can get the pop noise that sounds like the noise when i first move my car everyday.. .Suspension upgrade time?

2000 Black SVT Contour
#1636323 08/27/06 06:10 PM
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by NiggShevik:
my ford is really living up to "Fix or repair daily", it has broken again. 2000 2.5l svt all stock

Pretty sure it's some suspension components, it might just be time for replacement.

-Yesterday i was driving, took a hard right, and heard a loud clunk from my rear. (some of the noise was my subs). But then now when i drive, even slowly, there seems to be a click-like noise and an occasional pop-like noise, along with the noise i just had which sounded like something was loose in the trunk. When i break, i can get the pop noise that sounds like the noise when i first move my car everyday.. .Suspension upgrade time?

Mileage?

This case could be as simple as sway bar endlinks (which probably need to be replaced anyways) to new springs...

I would have said most definately sway bar endlinks till you said you get a poping noise from the rear when you brake. This makes me think you have a cracked or broken spring... does the rear end sag at all?

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
#1636324 08/27/06 11:51 PM
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
mileage is going on 86000. Yes i know.. lot of stock mileage there. The rear end doesn't appear to be sagging. Just feels like it's about to just fall apart and slip out from under me.

2000 Black SVT Contour

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard