Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1636278 08/27/06 11:58 AM
C
CTC Offline OP
OP Offline
C
This is the SVT/ST200 fuel rail and mine in the background. I think that it is the same fuel system (return ?). My injectors are orange and the ST200 are green. It will fit?

I would change the all fuel rail or change only the injectors?

I can use the ST200 ECU that come with the fuel rail?

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
We need more information. Why are you swapping out your fuel rail? What's wrong with the one you have now? Why are you swapping injectors?

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
The rails are the same. There were some factory mix ups where ford installed returnless injectors on return style rails and these pieces were bought by SPmotorsports and sold with the larger SVT LIM. So to answer your question the rail will work, but the injectors won't.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
C
CTC Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I changed months ago the UIM, the TB. And now I have the cams, the fuel rail that you saw and the ECU from a Ford Mondeo ST200. I need to know if all that I have will fit in my car.
If the fuel rail work and I install the cams It will work if I will put the ST200 ECU and repat the key. The ECU connector and wires will fit well?

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Mondeos have a different kind of key, so they might have a different type of PATS system... not to mention a ton of other differences.

I doubt the ECU will even plug in, but you can give it a try and let us know!

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
C
CTC Offline OP
OP Offline
C
In NECO they say me that if the fuel system is the same the ECU will fit. Only need a repat key in my dealer

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by CTC:
In NECO they say me that if the fuel system is the same the ECU will fit. Only need a repat key in my dealer

Please read what Big Daddy Kane said...he is living in Germany and knows more about the mondeo and contour differences than just about anyone.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Originally posted by CTC:

Please read what Big Daddy Kane said...he is living in Germany and knows more about the mondeo and contour differences than just about anyone.

I know some mechanical stuff that is/is not interchangeable...

I'm curious myself to see if a Mondeo ECU will plug into a Contour...

Anyone ever pick up a Haynes manual and try to follow the wiring diagrams in the back? Not fun for the reason that Haynes 'assumed' the Mondeo and Contour were identical (which also happens randomly inside, for example, try to follow their directions on removing the headlight switch... bet you break it!).

Here is a picture of a European Ford key:

Source

According to the below site, early Mondeos get a red key that is the 'master' key that is needed to reprogram other keys. This is different than Contour PATS programming, which is why I believe that ECU will not work in this respect...

However, the programming for the 'PATS System II' looks the same for our PATS system, so maybe it will. And if you were not supplied keys with this ECU, you are correct in having to take it to Ford for them to program your keys into the ECU...

Another good look at Mondeo keys

Look at the bottom for programming PATS

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
C
CTC Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I hope that it works. I donĀ“t know what type is the Mondeo ST200 key becouse it was lost.

M
M
CTC is a NECO member who lives in Spain, and he owns a European Cougar, so hopefully that'll help you guys in answering his questions.

1999 Mercury Cougar V6 MTX Injen SRI with GMK CAI Extension MSDS Y-Pipe Trubendz Dual-Outlet Borla B&M Shifter

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard