Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
My sister gave me her old leaky, jerky, 96 Contour LX and Im not sure which Auto trans it has. Its got the Jerk between shifting from 1-2. I would like to pick up a Turbine Speed Sensor and hope it will solve the problem. Do you guys have any idea which tranny it is? I tried looking for a sticker but no luck, plus there is so much gunk I don't think I would be able to see it if it were there anyways.

Please advise. Thanks

96 Ford Contour LX
Auto Trans
v-6 2.5L

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
CD4E is that's what you are trying to find out.

It's posted in about 2 locations right in this forum without having to open up any topics to see it.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
CD4E aka the automatic tranmission which is the same as EVERY OTHER ATX. The JERK is a sign that your tranny will fail soon or you accelerate HARD then take your foot off the gas at high revs.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Welcome, Hollywood .

TSS thread with part number
Note that when you put in the part number, it comes out with a description of Vehicle Speed Sensor. If you got the correct part number, this is the correct part. The "real" Vehicle Speed Sensor has a different part number and a differenct price.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard