Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Hey guys there is going to be a multi-forum meet at the KK in Issaquah on Sept. 9th. Everyones been wanting to meet up and this meet will be a little bit of everything. Maybe we could meet up somewhere and then cruise in together. Id like to get there early because from what I hear it gets pretty crowded. So whos in?

Here is the link from SVTP.com
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
This sounds great, it's something I'd like to catch, but I'm already booked camping that weekend.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Unfortunately, I'm busy that evening. Grrrr. It sounds like it should be fun though!

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I'll try to make it. My weekends are usually busy lately, but I'll try.

95 SE Modded - Gone 98 E0 Black SVT - Gone 98 se sport - Broken 00 T-Red SVT - Nice
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I would love to go but my engine is near on the floor right now. deciding on going through the vendor as the my chilton says or through the top. Anyone got an engine hoist? or something i can use to hold the engine. I will need it for a few weekends as I can only work on it once or twice a week.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I have been wondering that same thing. I got a trans to do and Im wondering if I should pull it through the top or drop the subframe. Also am debating on if I want to go ahead and do the 3L or just throw the 2.5L back in. Anyway if anyone else is gonna go we could meet up at like Frys Electronics in Renton then cruise from there to Issaquah.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
If you go out the bottom with the tranny, you can use a couple properly placed 2x4s to hold the engine up. Going through the top with the engine is a lot more work, and is not really worth it unless you are going to pull the engine to do some work to it.

I have an engine hoist, but my brother has it up in Sedro-Woolley right now. He has a couple projects.

I have pulled mine out the bottom twice now, and that is how I would do it again. But, this time it is coming out the top with the engine.

I thought I had the Sable all fixed, but after a few hard starts it started leaking fluid again. I guess the 3.0L projects gets put on hold again.

I will try and make it to the Krispy Kreme meet.

*** Edit *** Or you can purchase an adjustable engine support bar to hold the engine. I would let you use mine, but I need to pull the tranny out of the Sable again.

Last edited by Bugzuki; 09/05/06 03:33 PM.

1998 Contour SVT Black w/ Blue interior Torsen LSD updated shiftforks Lightened Flywheel, HD Drivelines Optimized Thottle Body 2003 3.0L engine upgrade (Soon to be)

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard