Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I changed the reflector on my mystique and I cant get the reverse lights to work which were just working on my old reflector. The main thing is I think the area where the metal touches the metal on the bulb socket to power it is corroded really badly and will not conduct enough electricity to power the bulbs. Is there a quick fix to this like a spray or prying at something?

I'm thinking about getting some copper wiring and letting them touch that way so I can run the copper wire through the metal connectors on the bulb socket and try and maybe have the other end of the wire connected to a non corroded piece of metal or even splice and solder the wires. But that's a lot of work, :s

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I scraped off the corrosion and sanded it then put silicone grease on it to keep it working. The white sockets were bad on my car, I cleaned up the metal there too. The corrosion is from leaking tail light gasket.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Good thing I didn't buy anything because as it is, I basically had to replace 3 blown 15 amp fuses, 23 brake light fuse (everything LOCKS UP including atx stick if this is fused) and 27 for my cigarette lighter... anyways long story short, I also changed fuse 24 which was back up lights as well .

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard