Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I just realized there is an unopened carton of orange juice in my refrigerator that's dated April 06. I just opened it and poured some out, and it still looks and smells fine.

Will OJ keep if sealed and unopened, or is there some potential for gastrointestinal havoc lurking in that carton?

Chris G. ~ 98 Mystique LS ATX
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I say drink it if you want. Worse case it'll prolly give your the $#!TS.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
J
Flaming Biker Dude
Flaming Biker Dude
J
its good.....drink it...hell...I drink stuff dated back 10ish years and am fine

People suck. Rev it till it MELTS.....
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
you can buy a new one for a few bucks.

I personally wouldn't risk getting mudbutt just to save a few dollars. Is it worth the sick day or sore butt you will get later?

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Haha, one time I was at one of my ex's grandma's house and she had a thing of non-dairy creamer from a grocery store that went out in 1987 (I was 2)

"Here's a mirror, see your stupid face!"
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Items that contains citrus/acid usually can last longer than other fluids i.e. milk. I don't think you should have a problem drinking it.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Antiramie:
I just realized there is an unopened carton of orange juice in my refrigerator that's dated April 06. I just opened it and poured some out, and it still looks and smells fine.

Will OJ keep if sealed and unopened, or is there some potential for gastrointestinal havoc lurking in that carton?

april 06? I assume it's tropicanna? That's the rated life of the FRESH oranges, now I mean the taste won't be superior as day 1 obviously, but the juice is still good assuming it's been in the fridge the entire time. It's not like Milk that expires, it's still good.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)

Link Copied to Clipboard