Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
on ebay right now check it out it has 9500 miles on it super clear and all stock . i wish i had the money for that....

I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by 2slowtour:
on ebay right now check it out it has 9500 miles on it super clear and all stock . i wish i had the money for that....

IIRC it was listed in the classifieds on here a while back. I would love to have it also

1998 CSVT #844 Born May 9,1997 Silver n Blue B&M Short throw shifter Eibach springs 4 Memphis PR 12" www.cardomain.com/ride/2273778
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Don't let Jim(Jed) see it! He's a sucker for time capsules!!

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
i wonder how much its going to go for. i might have to take out a lone on money . lol they swap all my stuff on my car that i just added on it and go ..

I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
You could just sell me your wheels and buy some new ones for that one lol

1998 CSVT #844 Born May 9,1997 Silver n Blue B&M Short throw shifter Eibach springs 4 Memphis PR 12" www.cardomain.com/ride/2273778
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by 2slowtour:

Linky????

'99 Sport TropicGreen,Duratec, SVT exhaust, Brembo rotors, Ceramic pads, K&N filters(oil & air), Alpine CDM7874, Polk DB570 speakers front and rear. Fog light mod. 50% Formula One tint.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T

My god, stock exhaust isn't even rusted yet.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Ray:
Don't let Jim(Jed) see it! He's a sucker for time capsules!!

Too Late...

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Unbelievable condition!! WOW

There's another one on there right now with 45K that's nice, too... the one with the Focus wheels.. is that a CEG'er? I love that black SVT with tan leather combo

96 Contour GL 2.0L MTX with Early SE 7 spoke wheels, SE sideskirts, Koni Sport Kit 70 Mustang Sportsroof with mild 351W and '01 Mustang GT wheels
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by sk8token:
Unbelievable condition!! WOW

There's another one on there right now with 45K that's nice, too... the one with the Focus wheels.. is that a CEG'er? I love that black SVT with tan leather combo

I will probably offer my 99 black / tan leather SVT this weekend... I'll put it on Ebay with all those other clean SVTs. We'll see what kind of market there actually is. Its under a cover in my garage right now, so I will need to do some minor detailing first.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
i agree if i ever get another svt it will be black and tan

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
seems like the guy LOST it in a garage somewhere. LOL Someone buy that [censored] please, or I'll buy it and take ALL THE FLIPPING PARTS OFF, including engine, and I'm going to freakin go INSANE on that BRAND NEW CAR

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
hell screw it, I'm buying it, I'm sending him an e-mail right now to tell him he can mark the car as sold because I'm coming down there and going to give him a cheque.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
In all honesty

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Quote:

2000 Ford Contour SVT, 9500 original miles. NO RESERVE. This is probably the lowest mileage SVT Contour in the country.

Meh - I have a friend with a green & tan '00 CSVT with less miles .

That e-bay car sure is nice , and being sold without a reserve ! He's a brave man , willing to take a loss , I betcha . Seriously , I hope we see this one go for "real" money .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
thats just Amazing!!!

98.5 Black Contour SVT #5959
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by m4gician:
hell screw it, I'm buying it, I'm sending him an e-mail right now to tell him he can mark the car as sold because I'm coming down there and going to give him a cheque.

Do let us know how that turns out! Are you the high bidder now? Actually, I am the high bidder right now â?? but that wonâ??t last.

I'm obviously interested too. Iâ??m going to list my black 99 for sale today. If my car sells for a decent price, Iâ??ll put a healthy bid on this 9500 mile car. My auction will end Saturday night and this one will end Sunday nightâ?¦could be fun!

If this car were tropic green or toreador red, I would already own it from when it was in the CEG classifieds earlier. Silver is nice, but frankly doesnâ??t have the same appeal for me

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by JEDsContour:

Do let us know how that turns out! Are you the high bidder now? Actually, I am the high bidder right now â?? but that wonâ??t last.

I'm obviously interested too. Iâ??m going to list my black 99 for sale today. If my car sells for a decent price, Iâ??ll put a healthy bid on this 9500 mile car. My auction will end Saturday night and this one will end Sunday nightâ?¦could be fun!

If this car were tropic green or toreador red, I would already own it from when it was in the CEG classifieds earlier. Silver is nice, but frankly doesnâ??t have the same appeal for me

still waiting for a response, chances are he probably wants close to almost 9 or even 10. Everything in this car is new, so I don't think he'll want to talk ot me OUTSIDE ebay. Though I'll ask you to buy it if your SVT sells decently.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
seems like the guy LOST it in a garage somewhere. LOL Someone buy that [censored] please, or I'll buy it and take ALL THE FLIPPING PARTS OFF, including engine, and I'm going to freakin go INSANE on that BRAND NEW CAR

Oh please no. If you buy the car, keep it stock for the time capsule that it is!

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S

Are you serious? How much are you offering? He's not going to end the auction unless you make a ridiculous offer, maybe $15,000 or more. He didn't offer a "buy it now" price so I'm sure he wants to let it play out.
Since the seller listed it for a very long period and there's no reserve, it will be interesting to see what the market decides the car is worth.

Last edited by spgoode; 08/26/06 04:33 PM.

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
The mileage is almost identical to what mine had when I bought it five years ago. Hmm, BMW next year or fresh start with the SVTC...

--T.J.

2000 SVT Contour, Black, stock, no tickets yet... www.seismicradio.com
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I

Someone else has listed a black on tan SVT, and their auction ends 5 hours before the silver one. Thought for a minute you might already have yours listed, but it was some guy in California. Pretty good looking black 2000 too.

Gotta say though, it's threads (and auctions) like this that REALLY make me hate being cash-strapped (read: poor).

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
Gotta say though, it's threads (and auctions) like this that REALLY make me hate being cash-strapped (read: poor).

+1

If that m4gician guy buys the car and takes it all apart or mods the hell out of it, i will beat him up. Why would u mod a stock low mileage car like that?? Imo, it should be preserved, not modded and beat on. I hope thats not what the new owner has in mind...

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Daaamn.

-JD. 1996/V6/LX. Killer Bass, & A Few Other Mods.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Frosty:

+1

If that m4gician guy buys the car and takes it all apart or mods the hell out of it, i will beat him up. Why would u mod a stock low mileage car like that?? Imo, it should be preserved, not modded and beat on. I hope thats not what the new owner has in mind...

Its a contour.

Id love to get my hands on a low mileage car to molest the hell out of.

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by ebay:
This is probably the lowest mileage SVT Contour in the country

doesnt someone in ohio have one with 2000 miles?

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

+1

Its a contour.

I'm sure all the hemi-owners in the 70's said the same thing....bet they're kicking themselves now

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

+1

Its a contour.

I'm sure all the hemi-owners in the 70's said the same thing....bet they're kicking themselves now

You guys are kidding yourselves, this is a CONTOUR! Its never going to be a collectors item.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

You guys are kidding yourselves, this is a CONTOUR! Its never going to be a collectors item.

can i quote you on that 30 years from now?

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
It's starting to get interesting, the bidding is up to $9100 now. However, the last 15 bids are by buyers with 0 feedback.
I hope the seller doesn't get hosed by a deadbeat.

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by spgoode:
It's starting to get interesting, the bidding is up to $9100 now. However, the last 15 bids are by buyers with 0 feedback.

Smells fishy actually, almost like the seller himself is driving up the price using multiple accounts.

I speculate, of course.

I've gotten sick of eBay over the past two years .. too many idiots on the site. Craigslist FTW.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
No and no, and I am out. I had a threshold and it was surpassed.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Rouar:
Originally posted by spgoode:

Smells fishy actually, almost like the seller himself is driving up the price using multiple accounts.

I speculate, of course.

I've gotten sick of eBay over the past two years .. too many idiots on the site. Craigslist FTW.

Something about this auction makes me uncomfortable too. I have a price in mind, but I'm not sure yet if I'm going to bid. I'll wait until the last day or so to decide.

Besides, I think there might still be another super low miles tropic green SVT out there somewhere...

Here's something fun! I'm going to sell my 1996 Ford Contour soon. Folks on this site will fall over when they see pictures of it!

Talk about time capsules. 22,233 miles. I bought it in 2004 from a retired couple in Florida who had it stored in the basement garage of their condo.

No kidding truly amazing condition â?? and Iâ??m not easy to impress that way. Toreador red clearcoat, opal grey leather interior, 2.5L automatic, 4-wheel disc brakes. Not a single door ding. I even have the window sticker.

I've been planning to do an SVT brakes and exhaust conversion on it and then use it for commuting to work, but I've changed my mind now. The car currently has a single exhaust and steel wheels with hubcaps.

I think I'll just concentrate on my two Tropic green SVTs. Finding time for car stuff is a challenge for me anymore and the Turbo 3L conversion is really going to take a chunk of it this Fall / Winter.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Hmm, somrthing's weird with this. The suave bidder seems like a dup. account of the deller to me... We'll just have to see thoguh. Too bad I refuse to finance cars anymore. Can't be mad at anybody but myself for that decision. Am saving a buttload of cash though...

2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J

That would be a great pick up! I hope someone on the .org gets it!

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B

Your right a CONTOUR wont be but a limited production, low mile unmodded contour svt, with certificate will be worth something some day.
If youâ??re right about these cars not appreciating in value then I find it weird that this car is being bid up so high with 5 days left in auction. We will have to see how much it ends for and if the buyer actually pays.

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by BlackE1:

Your right a CONTOUR wont be but a limited production, low mile unmodded contour svt, with certificate will be worth something some day.
If youâ??re right about these cars not appreciating in value then I find it weird that this car is being bid up so high with 5 days left in auction. We will have to see how much it ends for and if the buyer actually pays.

didn't hemmings name it as one of the cars with the most potential to become a collector car in the last 20 years?

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by BlackE1:

didn't hemmings name it as one of the cars with the most potential to become a collector car in the last 20 years?

Yes, they did.

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S

Here's something fun! I'm going to sell my 1996 Ford Contour soon. Folks on this site will fall over when they see pictures of it!

Talk about time capsules. 22,233 miles. No kidding truly amazing condition ... The car currently has a single exhaust and steel wheels with hubcaps.

I thought it will be equipped with brand new ST200 wheels with Z rated Japanese 17" tires?

98 Silver Frost E0 SVT. 1011/6535. DOB 05/16/97 Owned since new. Optimized y-pipe. Bosal Exhaust w/ silencer inserts. K&N intake w/ MAF. Ford Racing 9mm wires. 05 Saab 9-2X Aero Satin Grey. Cobbs Accessport Stage 2.
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by SVT3391:

Talk about time capsules. 22,233 miles. No kidding truly amazing condition ... The car currently has a single exhaust and steel wheels with hubcaps.

I thought it will be equipped with brand new ST200 wheels with Z rated Japanese 17" tires?

Ha ha! Hi Deewen, how are you doing?

Yes that was my original plan, but now I think those wheels and tires will look mighty fine on my 99 tropic green SVT daily driver.

Do you have the BAT kit installed?

You know, those ST200 wheels really would look great on the 96. Maybe I should sell it with them installedâ?¦ Or at least make it an option. If I do that I should also hang my spare SVT exhaust on itâ?¦ and install my spare set of SVT rotors, calipers and brackets andâ?¦ Oh man, Iâ??m right back where I started!

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Jed's just leave it alone and sell it the way it is. MHO

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I'll take those ST200 wheel off your hands for $1

... miss the Jed dollar days ...

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Wow! That is unbelievable! Right now (8/30 9am Eastern) there were 29 bids and it is at $9100. It still has 4 days left on the auction.

Gotta watch that, see what it goes for!

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
Meh - I have a friend with a green & tan '00 CSVT with less miles .

My dream is to find a low mileage '00 T-green

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Guitarman19853:

I would have to agree. Not a collector's item. My first experience with one was as a rental car.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Ha ha! Hi Deewen, how are you doing?

I am doing fine. Thank you.

Yes that was my original plan, but now I think those wheels and tires will look mighty fine on my 99 tropic green SVT daily driver.

I think that will be a better plan. I didn't measure the weight of the ST200 wheels, but from some other posts I believe they are lighter than most 17" wheels, including FSVT's. So it will be really good on your daily driver.

Do you have the BAT kit installed?

Not yet. One reason is I was really busy, the other reason is my installer was really busy ( [cough] Scott, are you reading this ? [/cough])

You know, those ST200 wheels really would look great on the 96. Maybe I should sell it with them installedâ?¦ Or at least make it an option. If I do that I should also hang my spare SVT exhaust on itâ?¦ and install my spare set of SVT rotors, calipers and brackets andâ?¦ Oh man, Iâ??m right back where I started!

Unless you get another $1K more otherwise I don't think that will make your effort worthwhile. Maybe you can list a base price with them as option so you can get fair value from them. Well, just my $0.02.

When you have your AER done, I hope I can come and visit your 12AC home and drool all the way back home.

98 Silver Frost E0 SVT. 1011/6535. DOB 05/16/97 Owned since new. Optimized y-pipe. Bosal Exhaust w/ silencer inserts. K&N intake w/ MAF. Ford Racing 9mm wires. 05 Saab 9-2X Aero Satin Grey. Cobbs Accessport Stage 2.
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Ex-Mean'Tour:

I would have to agree. Not a collector's item. My first experience with one was as a rental car.

A rental Contour SVT? That would be fun for the right renter (obviously not you)!
No offense intended, but you're wrong about this. The Contour SVT is already a collector car. An inexpensive collector car to be sure, but collector car nonetheless.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
You can argue all day if the SVTC is a collectors car or not. I personally think it will be. But it comes down to a niche market. People like us that know about the car will have a special place for it in our hearts. People who dont know will not. Its like the SHO. People who know about them think they are a collectors car. If you like it that is all that matters.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by jtour:
You can argue all day if the SVTC is a collectors car or not. I personally think it will be. But it comes down to a niche market. People like us that know about the car will have a special place for it in our hearts. People who dont know will not. Its like the SHO. People who know about them think they are a collectors car. If you like it that is all that matters.

isn't the contour the 2nd most rare SVT vehicle only to the cobra R? i'll bet that will mean something further down the road...

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B

isn't the contour the 2nd most rare SVT vehicle only to the cobra R? i'll bet that will mean something further down the road...

the Focus might also all right in there with the contour in terms of numbers made

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er

Probably kind of like a Cosworth Vega. Just imagine if you bought one brand new for about 2 grand in the early '70's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-Chevrolet-Cosworth-Vega-2-Door-Hatchback-2243_W0QQitemZ180018001804QQihZ008QQcategoryZ6173QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
The CSVT is already becoming a collector's car of a sort - to a very niche market. I bet that SVT would not have sold for nearly that much two years ago on eBay.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
$10,600.00 and over an hour to go.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
12,400 gatta love ebay bid wars.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
$12,400, not bad(for the seller)

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
$12,400.00 never thought it would get that high.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Oh well it was fun watching the guy buy his car back. Why else would "Statewide" run up the price and outbid himself w/ 5 consecutive bids and increase his bid from 10,700 to 11,800 in a matter of 2 minutes?

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Maybe there were "automatic bids" not shown? Otherwise, that seems strange.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by teamSVTour:
Oh well it was fun watching the guy buy his car back. Why else would "Statewide" run up the price and outbid himself w/ 5 consecutive bids and increase his bid from 10,700 to 11,800 in a matter of 2 minutes?

You can see that gimeurbeer had a bid of 11,900 that was placed about an hour and a half before that. Statewide was probably just increasing his bid a little bit at a time until he outbid gimeurbeer. Either way, I think the seller did well but at the same time I also think it was a decent deal for the buyer too.

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Pienstars:

You can see that gimeurbeer had a bid of 11,900 that was placed about an hour and a half before that. Statewide was probably just increasing his bid a little bit at a time until he outbid gimeurbeer. Either way, I think the seller did well but at the same time I also think it was a decent deal for the buyer too.

Im referring to where statewide increased his bid from 10,700 at 18:48 then placed 4 other consecutive bids within 2 minutes outbidding himself each time which reached 11,800 at 18:50....that to me looks like the owner running up the price.

Either way, it would be great to have. I was considering bidding but not at that price.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

Im referring to where statewide increased his bid from 10,700 at 18:48 then placed 4 other consecutive bids within 2 minutes outbidding himself each time which reached 11,800 at 18:50....that to me looks like the owner running up the price.

Either way, it would be great to have. I was considering bidding but not at that price.

I understand what you're trying to say but gimeurbeer allready had a higher bid and that's why statewide had to keep bidding higher. At least that's what it looks like.

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B

Let's look at the tape before someone shouts conspiracy:

statewide01 US $12,400.00 Sep-03-06 18:59:24
elitevw US $12,300.00 Sep-03-06 18:52:38
statewide01 US $12,200.00 Sep-03-06 18:51:54
elitevw US $12,100.00 Sep-03-06 18:51:55
statewide01 US $12,000.00 Sep-03-06 18:51:20
gimeurbeer US $11,900.00 Sep-03-06 17:14:24
statewide01 US $11,800.00 Sep-03-06 18:50:54
statewide01 US $11,600.00 Sep-03-06 18:50:33
statewide01 US $11,300.00 Sep-03-06 18:50:14
statewide01 US $10,900.00 Sep-03-06 18:49:36
statewide01 US $10,700.00 Sep-03-06 18:48:26
blakewolfanf US $10,500.00 Sep-03-06 10:15:37

Edited for clarity, I took out ratings and the timezone.

One thing to note, is that this is NOT in chronological order.

So, at 18:48:26, statewide01 was bidding to beat the bid of $11,900 made by gimeurbeer at 17:14:24. It looks like he/she was looking for the price, and found it at 18:51:20.

Thirty five seconds later, elitevw outbid statewide01's $12K bid, with a $12,100 bid.

Doesn't look that suspicious to me. Just looks like someone wanted to go up in price slowly in $200-$400 increments.

"Seems like our society is more interested in turning each successive generation into cookie-cutter wankers than anything else." -- Jato 8/24/2004
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by BOFH:

Let's look at the tape before someone shouts conspiracy:

statewide01 US $12,400.00 Sep-03-06 18:59:24
elitevw US $12,300.00 Sep-03-06 18:52:38
statewide01 US $12,200.00 Sep-03-06 18:51:54
elitevw US $12,100.00 Sep-03-06 18:51:55
statewide01 US $12,000.00 Sep-03-06 18:51:20
gimeurbeer US $11,900.00 Sep-03-06 17:14:24
statewide01 US $11,800.00 Sep-03-06 18:50:54
statewide01 US $11,600.00 Sep-03-06 18:50:33
statewide01 US $11,300.00 Sep-03-06 18:50:14
statewide01 US $10,900.00 Sep-03-06 18:49:36
statewide01 US $10,700.00 Sep-03-06 18:48:26
blakewolfanf US $10,500.00 Sep-03-06 10:15:37

Edited for clarity, I took out ratings and the timezone.

One thing to note, is that this is NOT in chronological order.

So, at 18:48:26, statewide01 was bidding to beat the bid of $11,900 made by gimeurbeer at 17:14:24. It looks like he/she was looking for the price, and found it at 18:51:20.

Thirty five seconds later, elitevw outbid statewide01's $12K bid, with a $12,100 bid.

Doesn't look that suspicious to me. Just looks like someone wanted to go up in price slowly in $200-$400 increments.

Precisely. Thx, I really didn't feel like typing all that lol.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Didn't need to type, cut and paste! I did cut out the fields that were not needed.

Took about 30 seconds.

I'm old and have much patience compared to many here.

"Seems like our society is more interested in turning each successive generation into cookie-cutter wankers than anything else." -- Jato 8/24/2004
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Thank heavens it wasn't tropic green...

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
hot damn thats the newest/mint contour i've ever seen. Theres not even a spec of rust on the undercarriage and the interior is like new. The battery is original as well.

Irfan Rahim irfman2000@yahoo.com 2006 Blue Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Former owner of a silver 2000 Contour SE Sport ATX
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I'm certainly pleased with the result of the auction . I feel they should all sell that high (well maybe not ALL , but well-kept examples) .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Anyone else bid on this? I just got a second chance offer from Ebay:
Quote:

Item: Ford : Contour (110025521568)
This message was sent after the listing closed.

Good news! The following eBay item on which you placed a bid for US $5,001.00 on Aug-26-06 06:40:47 PDT is now available for purchase:

Ford : Contour (110025521568)
Your Price: US $5,001.00
Offer end date: 5 business days

Second Chance Offer
The seller is making this Second Chance Offer because the high bidder was either unable to complete the transaction or the seller has a duplicate item for sale.

The selling of this item through Second Chance Offer is in compliance with eBay policy; you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for all eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection.

Act Now - This Offer Expires Soon
To take advantage of this opportunity, please act quickly. This offer expires in 5 days.

You may purchase this item by contacting the seller in this email Removed by JED To learn more about Second Chance Offer, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/personal_offer.html

Thank you for using eBay!
http://www.ebay.com/

Now I know there's something fishy going on here! Might be a scam of some sort for all I know. Or, maybe the seller is having problems. I'm not interested either way. I need to concentrate on assembling a certain low mileage Turbo 3L.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I got a similar email.

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
This "Second Chance Offer" is not showing up in "My Ebay."
I'm almost sure itâ??s a scam.

Theyâ??ll probably gratefully accept any offer you make as long as you can send an immediate deposit â?? or full payment. He needs the money right now to avoid some personal catastrophe â?? and heâ??s willing to take any loss to get it! Fill in your own script.

Thieving bass-turds.

I sent the real seller a message through Ebay asking what happened (just in case! ).

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
I'm certainly pleased with the result of the auction . I feel they should all sell that high (well maybe not ALL , but well-kept examples) .

Really?

See ad in Classifieds, Price lowered to $8,500. Buy it! 59K Miles, Original Owner, 3 liter built by Buckshot, Headers, HMS trans Subframe Connectors, H&R's, Koni's, Rage 5.0 17's, Pole Position Tires Removed Resonator,KKM Intake,ShoShop Y-Pipe
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I agree with Buddy

00 T-Red / Tan 17" FSVT Rims, Magnaflows, Alpine... For now #887 of 2150 12/13/99
J
J
This "Second Chance Offer" is not showing up in "My Ebay."
I'm almost sure itâ??s a scam.

Theyâ??ll probably gratefully accept any offer you make as long as you can send an immediate deposit â?? or full payment. He needs the money right now to avoid some personal catastrophe â?? and heâ??s willing to take any loss to get it! Fill in your own script.

Thieving bass-turds.

I sent the real seller a message through Ebay asking what happened (just in case! ).

Whatever you do JED's - DON'T do anything with this email including respond (it's just a waste of your time) if it doesn't appear in your "My Ebay"...It's DEFINITELY a scam. Seems to be happening more and more lately.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by plance1:

Really?

Yes , really . I feel that a well looked-after , low mileage CSVT deserves a better resale than I've seen some sell for in the past . Maybe someday soon my wish will come true . Like I said , they deserve better .

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
The "Second Chance" offers are definitely a spoof. I have some 69 Thunderbird items for sale and had a question about shipping a set of hubcaps to Finland (?!). They sent me the first fake "second chance" right after I answered. I think thatâ??s how they got my email address.

Turns out this is a common tactic.

I hate that they have my email address. The wordage on the fake offers gets more and more urgent each time...

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A

Really?

im sorry but I cant agree with this... chances are if im buying a 6 or 7 year old car, im not buying it to have high resale.

Now if I were buying say... a brand new Honda Civic in 4 or 5 years I would expect for the resale to hold very well on it. I would never pay a hell of a lot of money for a bone stock 2000 or older CSVT, as much as I would love to have one.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by AliasJerkâ?¢:

Really?

im sorry but I cant agree with this... chances are if im buying a 6 or 7 year old car, im not buying it to have high resale.

Now if I were buying say... a brand new Honda Civic in 4 or 5 years I would expect for the resale to hold very well on it. I would never pay a hell of a lot of money for a bone stock 2000 or older CSVT, as much as I would love to have one.

Well - you're obviously looking at this from the wrong side of the fence . I am the (first/only) owner of a low mileage , near mint CSVT - my next step would not be to BUY one , but to SELL one . It would be in MY best interest for them to sell at a HIGH price . IMHO , the cars are a damn sexy , very capable , very low production unit that deserves better than to be lumped with the thoughts of being a beat-down POS rental car . I feel some day it will get it's due .

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard