Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by SVT3391:
Originally posted by JEDsContour:

Here's something fun! I'm going to sell my 1996 Ford Contour soon. Folks on this site will fall over when they see pictures of it!

Talk about time capsules. 22,233 miles. No kidding truly amazing condition ... The car currently has a single exhaust and steel wheels with hubcaps.

I thought it will be equipped with brand new ST200 wheels with Z rated Japanese 17" tires?

Ha ha! Hi Deewen, how are you doing?

Yes that was my original plan, but now I think those wheels and tires will look mighty fine on my 99 tropic green SVT daily driver.

Do you have the BAT kit installed?

You know, those ST200 wheels really would look great on the 96. Maybe I should sell it with them installedā?¦ Or at least make it an option. If I do that I should also hang my spare SVT exhaust on itā?¦ and install my spare set of SVT rotors, calipers and brackets andā?¦ Oh man, Iā??m right back where I started!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Jed's just leave it alone and sell it the way it is. MHO

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I'll take those ST200 wheel off your hands for $1

... miss the Jed dollar days ...

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Wow! That is unbelievable! Right now (8/30 9am Eastern) there were 29 bids and it is at $9100. It still has 4 days left on the auction.

Gotta watch that, see what it goes for!

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
Meh - I have a friend with a green & tan '00 CSVT with less miles .

My dream is to find a low mileage '00 T-green

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Guitarman19853:
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

You guys are kidding yourselves, this is a CONTOUR! Its never going to be a collectors item.

can i quote you on that 30 years from now?

I would have to agree. Not a collector's item. My first experience with one was as a rental car.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Ha ha! Hi Deewen, how are you doing?

I am doing fine. Thank you.

Yes that was my original plan, but now I think those wheels and tires will look mighty fine on my 99 tropic green SVT daily driver.

I think that will be a better plan. I didn't measure the weight of the ST200 wheels, but from some other posts I believe they are lighter than most 17" wheels, including FSVT's. So it will be really good on your daily driver.

Do you have the BAT kit installed?

Not yet. One reason is I was really busy, the other reason is my installer was really busy ( [cough] Scott, are you reading this ? [/cough])

You know, those ST200 wheels really would look great on the 96. Maybe I should sell it with them installedā?¦ Or at least make it an option. If I do that I should also hang my spare SVT exhaust on itā?¦ and install my spare set of SVT rotors, calipers and brackets andā?¦ Oh man, Iā??m right back where I started!

Unless you get another $1K more otherwise I don't think that will make your effort worthwhile. Maybe you can list a base price with them as option so you can get fair value from them. Well, just my $0.02.

When you have your AER done, I hope I can come and visit your 12AC home and drool all the way back home.

98 Silver Frost E0 SVT. 1011/6535. DOB 05/16/97 Owned since new. Optimized y-pipe. Bosal Exhaust w/ silencer inserts. K&N intake w/ MAF. Ford Racing 9mm wires. 05 Saab 9-2X Aero Satin Grey. Cobbs Accessport Stage 2.
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Ex-Mean'Tour:
Originally posted by Guitarman19853:
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

You guys are kidding yourselves, this is a CONTOUR! Its never going to be a collectors item.

can i quote you on that 30 years from now?

I would have to agree. Not a collector's item. My first experience with one was as a rental car.

A rental Contour SVT? That would be fun for the right renter (obviously not you)!
No offense intended, but you're wrong about this. The Contour SVT is already a collector car. An inexpensive collector car to be sure, but collector car nonetheless.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
You can argue all day if the SVTC is a collectors car or not. I personally think it will be. But it comes down to a niche market. People like us that know about the car will have a special place for it in our hearts. People who dont know will not. Its like the SHO. People who know about them think they are a collectors car. If you like it that is all that matters.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by jtour:
You can argue all day if the SVTC is a collectors car or not. I personally think it will be. But it comes down to a niche market. People like us that know about the car will have a special place for it in our hearts. People who dont know will not. Its like the SHO. People who know about them think they are a collectors car. If you like it that is all that matters.

isn't the contour the 2nd most rare SVT vehicle only to the cobra R? i'll bet that will mean something further down the road...

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard