Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
It's starting to get interesting, the bidding is up to $9100 now. However, the last 15 bids are by buyers with 0 feedback.
I hope the seller doesn't get hosed by a deadbeat.

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by spgoode:
It's starting to get interesting, the bidding is up to $9100 now. However, the last 15 bids are by buyers with 0 feedback.

Smells fishy actually, almost like the seller himself is driving up the price using multiple accounts.

I speculate, of course.

I've gotten sick of eBay over the past two years .. too many idiots on the site. Craigslist FTW.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
No and no, and I am out. I had a threshold and it was surpassed.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Rouar:
Originally posted by spgoode:

Smells fishy actually, almost like the seller himself is driving up the price using multiple accounts.

I speculate, of course.

I've gotten sick of eBay over the past two years .. too many idiots on the site. Craigslist FTW.

Something about this auction makes me uncomfortable too. I have a price in mind, but I'm not sure yet if I'm going to bid. I'll wait until the last day or so to decide.

Besides, I think there might still be another super low miles tropic green SVT out there somewhere...

Here's something fun! I'm going to sell my 1996 Ford Contour soon. Folks on this site will fall over when they see pictures of it!

Talk about time capsules. 22,233 miles. I bought it in 2004 from a retired couple in Florida who had it stored in the basement garage of their condo.

No kidding truly amazing condition â?? and Iâ??m not easy to impress that way. Toreador red clearcoat, opal grey leather interior, 2.5L automatic, 4-wheel disc brakes. Not a single door ding. I even have the window sticker.

I've been planning to do an SVT brakes and exhaust conversion on it and then use it for commuting to work, but I've changed my mind now. The car currently has a single exhaust and steel wheels with hubcaps.

I think I'll just concentrate on my two Tropic green SVTs. Finding time for car stuff is a challenge for me anymore and the Turbo 3L conversion is really going to take a chunk of it this Fall / Winter.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Hmm, somrthing's weird with this. The suave bidder seems like a dup. account of the deller to me... We'll just have to see thoguh. Too bad I refuse to finance cars anymore. Can't be mad at anybody but myself for that decision. Am saving a buttload of cash though...

2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J

That would be a great pick up! I hope someone on the .org gets it!

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

You guys are kidding yourselves, this is a CONTOUR! Its never going to be a collectors item.

Your right a CONTOUR wont be but a limited production, low mile unmodded contour svt, with certificate will be worth something some day.
If youâ??re right about these cars not appreciating in value then I find it weird that this car is being bid up so high with 5 days left in auction. We will have to see how much it ends for and if the buyer actually pays.

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by BlackE1:

You guys are kidding yourselves, this is a CONTOUR! Its never going to be a collectors item.

Your right a CONTOUR wont be but a limited production, low mile unmodded contour svt, with certificate will be worth something some day.
If youâ??re right about these cars not appreciating in value then I find it weird that this car is being bid up so high with 5 days left in auction. We will have to see how much it ends for and if the buyer actually pays.

didn't hemmings name it as one of the cars with the most potential to become a collector car in the last 20 years?

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by BlackE1:

didn't hemmings name it as one of the cars with the most potential to become a collector car in the last 20 years?

Yes, they did.

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by JEDsContour:

Here's something fun! I'm going to sell my 1996 Ford Contour soon. Folks on this site will fall over when they see pictures of it!

Talk about time capsules. 22,233 miles. No kidding truly amazing condition ... The car currently has a single exhaust and steel wheels with hubcaps.

I thought it will be equipped with brand new ST200 wheels with Z rated Japanese 17" tires?

98 Silver Frost E0 SVT. 1011/6535. DOB 05/16/97 Owned since new. Optimized y-pipe. Bosal Exhaust w/ silencer inserts. K&N intake w/ MAF. Ford Racing 9mm wires. 05 Saab 9-2X Aero Satin Grey. Cobbs Accessport Stage 2.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard