Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
D
I have a fosgate 800a2 punch series, and have it installed with crappy 8 gauge power cable that was in the car when I bought it. I just got a brand new SVR 80-12 battery, 0 gauge cable platinum connectors, and a 140 amp circuit breaker for $100 from a friend at the audio store. Now I am wondering if it is possible to have too big of power cable?

I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
yes and no. IIRC those amps take up to 4ga wire. not too many amps will accept 0/1 or 2ga wire so you will prob have to reduce it with a distribution block of some sort near the amp.

1998 CSVT #844 Born May 9,1997 Silver n Blue B&M Short throw shifter Eibach springs 4 Memphis PR 12" www.cardomain.com/ride/2273778
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Fosgate has warranty statements saying that a certain minimum wire gauge is required, It usually reflects the size opening on the wire terminal. I belive for yours it is 4ga. You won't be able to fit I/0 on your amp and it is overkill. But you can just cut some of the strands to make it fit, just make sure it doesnt spill over the terminal like a fat chick in tight pants and touch the RMS or ground.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by CarpePoon:
Fosgate has warranty statements saying that a certain minimum wire gauge is required, It usually reflects the size opening on the wire terminal. I belive for yours it is 4ga. You won't be able to fit I/0 on your amp and it is overkill. But you can just cut some of the strands to make it fit, just make sure it doesnt spill over the terminal like a fat chick in tight pants and touch the RMS or ground.

I would not recommend the cutting the strands they make an adapter that i think you set screw to the 1/0 and it has a solid bar end that is a 4ga size that would be the proper way to do that or a distribution block and if you went that route you could run an amp for your mids also if you ever felt like it!

1998 CSVT #844 Born May 9,1997 Silver n Blue B&M Short throw shifter Eibach springs 4 Memphis PR 12" www.cardomain.com/ride/2273778

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard