Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
yyz-svt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Y
just for fun , i searched thru the autotrader BC/AB .... values are way stronger . it's almost worth driving out there ! i think i could sell my very low-km car in a day at less than $10K ! just an interesting observation for everyone who thinks the ON market is turning into the US market !

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
in quebec its hard to get one below 9000$

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
it's probably because in Ontario there are ALOT of them whereas supply is lower outside Ontario

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
all the owner i know in quebec got them from ontario (including mine)

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Most of the $9-10k SVT Contours on lespac.com have sat there for months.

If you wanna sell your SVT, probably better to do it now before 2007's drive the price down further. I think prices are already starting to drop on most other cars due to anticipation.

Y
yyz-svt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Y
i will have to check out this lespac.com site to see what your talking about ; i'm sure they are all around the 100,000 km or MORE vehicles !
i'm not worried about new cars' , anyone who buy's a new car is crazy ! how could you accept losing so much money in the first 3yr's of ownership ! ( not to mention all the taxes )
even if CSVT prices drop , they could raise back up ..... i have seen this happen BIG-TIME for 85-93 Ford Mustangs & also 93-97 MX-6 & Probe GT prices have slightly risen from their low's 2 yr's ago !
i agree lately Contour SVT prices have dragged , mostly due to the base Contours' going so cheap . once they bottom , the SVT's will stabilize & may hang-in solid around that 8/9 to 11/12 level given mileage , etc !

D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Quote:

i'm not worried about new cars' , anyone who buy's a new car is crazy ! how could you accept losing so much money in the first 3yr's of ownership ! ( not to mention all the taxes )

When people buy new cars, they tend to sell their old car. More used cars on the market = lower prices. This is a time of year that people buy new more often than normal, therefore used prices will probably go down. A lot of compelling cars are coming onto the market at really affordable prices.

Also, each year diminishes the SVT further as a contemporary sports sedan -- on paper the SVT Contour is not as impressive as it used to be, now that we're in the era of $30k 250-330hp ranged sports sedans.

The SVT's on lespac are all over 100k km's. Mileage isn't everything, though. As someone shopping for a SVT, I can say that five to eight Ontario/Quebec winters is certainly not a selling point, no matter how many km's are on it. Western cars are reputed to be much cleaner which has something to do with the higher resale value.

As someone who has watched a lot of SVT's sell this summer, I think that the $10k purchasers around here are looking for something in pristine condition that has not been a daily driver and has preferably not been winter driven very much.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Im going with my supply and demand theory. I mean winters are rough out west as well, cept for BC where I mean you close the schools over snow that falls out of hte freezer... but honestly, with more supply of them in Ontario/Quebec, and with better cars out there at affordable prices, the SVT really isn't something that's expensive. I mean for let's say the $10,000 on a pristine SVT, I could also maybe get an older BMW 3 series (owns svt ), or even use that towards let's say...a more fuel efficient car like the Versa? :P

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard