Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Gotta find the right sucker...I paid about 5k + 600 for registration/dealer fees for my SE with 50k miles on it. Yeah it was worth a bit less, but it's hard finding a 5spd V6 so I sucked it up and bought it.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
One thing to consider.. some people pay for mods, like Ray said. Just have to find a person who is looking for what you have done. Hell, I paid 10K for a considered "stock" CSVT with 54,000 mile on it a year ago... Unless you wanna unload it quick, stick to your gut feeling and go down from there, atleast put in your ad you will entertain offers.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I paid $9,000 for a dead stock 99 SVT with just over 20K miles on the odometer in July. Car is a time capsule, absolutely incredible condition.

Value is relative. Pay someone to detail that thing and try again. Personally, I'd downplay the mods. Sell it based on its condition, not the hot-rodding you've done to it. Enthusiasts will know what you have.

I think most buyers equate performance parts with "beat to hell and back." Work hard to convince them otherwise.

Using pictures of an obviously dirty car was... well... just don't do it.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
For your asking price I'd want a Contour in completely pristine condition, with absolutely nothing wrong (not even a stained carpet or wrinkled leather seats). 3L's are popping up on eBay more and more nowadays and they're not as rare or worth the price as they once were.

Pictures of a dirty SVT with noted dash warp and other easyish fixes just screams to me that you've stopped bothering with the car after the original engine "blew up" (according to one of your previous posts, which many CEG buyers like me DO check to find out the actual condition of the car) and other maintenance annoyances started occurring. Nowhere near worth the price you're asking, which you are finding out as time drags on. Why is the antenna bent? Did you bend it?

FWIW - this is your third actual created topic complaining about your inability to sell your car .. not including the fourth asking why your classified topic was deleted and a few other posts in others' topics.

P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Rouar:

Pictures of a dirty SVT with noted dash warp and other easyish fixes just screams to me that you've stopped bothering with the car after the original engine "blew up" (according to one of your previous posts, which many CEG buyers like me DO check to find out the actual condition of the car) and other maintenance annoyances started occurring. Nowhere near worth the price you're asking, which you are finding out as time drags on. Why is the antenna bent? Did you bend it?

FWIW - this is your third actual created topic complaining about your inability to sell your car .. not including the fourth asking why your classified topic was deleted and a few other posts in others' topics.

You guys are right. You all have made excellent points, some did so in a nicer more constructive way than this guy and I am grateful for the input. Based on your comments, I am going to revise the ad and lower the price substantially (probably to around 8 to 9k range) so this feedback has been extremely helpful. I reviewed other ads and saw other asking prices but you know how it is, we always think what we have is worth more than it is.

When I placed my previous ad on EBAY I invited potential buyers to check out this site because I think its a great resource. I also gave out the name that I post under so everyone can see any and all posts from me regarding the car, including the issues that we have all had. I believe in full disclosure upfront. I had the same problems with the car as everyone else, 2.5 liter oil pan issues, seat rocked, dash warp, sunroof and so on. The gentleman I quoted above does make an accurate point though about my willingness to sink money into fixing all these little cosmetic things. After fixing the major mechanical issues with the 3.0 liter, it just gets old to keep dealing with the little things that pop up. I bought the car based upon its strengths, but as time goes on, you just begin to wonder if Quality was really Job 1.

I agree with the dirty car picture comments. I used to drive it every day before putting in the 3 liter and it did get dirty. A friend of mine took this picture and I had not done any prep work on it. I shouldn't have used it. here are a few that I used in my Autotrader ad, which will be up and running shortly...

See ad in Classifieds, Price lowered to $8,500. Buy it! 59K Miles, Original Owner, 3 liter built by Buckshot, Headers, HMS trans Subframe Connectors, H&R's, Koni's, Rage 5.0 17's, Pole Position Tires Removed Resonator,KKM Intake,ShoShop Y-Pipe
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Hey it cant hurt to ask for 10K but I dont think anyone will pay 10K for it. Good luck im sure there is someone out there.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Looks to me like the dash is warped so you need to take that into consideration.

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Pienstars:
Looks to me like the dash is warped so you need to take that into consideration.

Mine's worse. Then the leather's coming apart in the spot on the armrest where I've rested my elbow for the last five years, the driver side floor mat's a lost cause and I need a tune up.

--T.J.

2000 SVT Contour, Black, stock, no tickets yet... www.seismicradio.com
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I went to my dealer, he only had one of the repair kits from Ford and he sold it to someone else. He stated I should cruise the junkyards for a replacement dash because he thought my dash was too far gone to repair it. I may print out some of the fixes that I have seen others do in other posts and see about doing that rather than replace the whole thing. Again though, I work two jobs, dont have time or the inclination to do this kind of thing. But it would be nice to see my hood again someday!

See ad in Classifieds, Price lowered to $8,500. Buy it! 59K Miles, Original Owner, 3 liter built by Buckshot, Headers, HMS trans Subframe Connectors, H&R's, Koni's, Rage 5.0 17's, Pole Position Tires Removed Resonator,KKM Intake,ShoShop Y-Pipe
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
The antenna is bent. I wouldn't give more than 2grand for it.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard