Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I was asking 10,500 for it. I've been trying to sell for awhile, no takers. Either no one likes my car or I am asking too much, I assume its the latter. So you decide. All the details are in the classifieds so I won't bore you, just ballpark it. I think the highest value posted will be the price I change it to.

Thanks.

See ad in Classifieds, Price lowered to $8,500. Buy it! 59K Miles, Original Owner, 3 liter built by Buckshot, Headers, HMS trans Subframe Connectors, H&R's, Koni's, Rage 5.0 17's, Pole Position Tires Removed Resonator,KKM Intake,ShoShop Y-Pipe
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
from your mod and the way it looks i'd pay around 6800-7000 for it.

I'm probably wrong but that's my take on it.

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Thanks. You know, I just found out part of the problem is that Autotrader removed the ad I had paid for. It seems that if you do not "renew it" they automatically delete it. Is this common knowledge??????? If they told me I forgot!!!

See ad in Classifieds, Price lowered to $8,500. Buy it! 59K Miles, Original Owner, 3 liter built by Buckshot, Headers, HMS trans Subframe Connectors, H&R's, Koni's, Rage 5.0 17's, Pole Position Tires Removed Resonator,KKM Intake,ShoShop Y-Pipe
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
still, unless it has like 0 miles on it, 10500 it pretty high.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by TGO:
still, unless it has like 0 miles on it, 10500 it pretty high.

yeah the #2 SVT 1998 (30k) was for sale locally here and the guy wanted 9,999.00 for it..

'98 2.5L Mystique LS T-Red
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I see what you are saying. I have seen original svt's with less miles for less but I can't help want to get back some of the money spent on the mods. Maybe I should bite the bullet and lower the price, which is what Im thinking about doing.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
To be honest, when I went through the Classifieds and saw your $10.5 asking price, I kinda laughed a little inside. My 2000 SVT is absolutely mint, inside and out, with a 3L, full bolt-ons, tuned, and all the tranny goodies. I'd probably start at $8500, and hope that I get an offer of $8000. Then again, I've seen people pay top dollar for SVT's that really aren't worth it.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by plance1:
I see what you are saying. I have seen original svt's with less miles for less but I can't help want to get back some of the money spent on the mods. Maybe I should bite the bullet and lower the price, which is what Im thinking about doing.

you're never going to get your money back for mods. IIRC, warmonger sold his 3L TURBO svt for 12k, atleast that's what he told me he was looking to get.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
There is a premium on things you are LOOKING for. If you find a buyer LOOKING for your particular mods, then you can charge that premium.

FWIW: Warmonger was starting his asking at around 15K-15.5K, to set the price straight. He had what I was looking for and he and I began the purchase/sale routine. I will NOT say what I bought it for.. and he won't say what he sold it for. I will say this: What I paid was MORE than worth it. I'd have paid that much for the test drive! He was more than generous, and I am more than grateful.

If you think that you can find a buyer looking for a mostly stock black SVTC, with rims, then you can begin to charge that premium. If you are just looking for "a" buyer, then your price is high (by about 3.5-4K, I would say)

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Ray:

If you think that you can find a buyer looking for a mostly stock black SVTC, with rims, then you can begin to charge that premium. If you are just looking for "a" buyer, then your price is high (by about 3.5-4K, I would say)

I paid 7 grand for my 98.5 SVT and it was in MINT condition with 70,000 miles (lowered on 17's with a few small mods) and I think I overpaid for it. Who cares, the car has been absolutely great to me *knocks on wood*

In the back of lots of peoples' minds is "SVT's can be had for much cheaper" and that's why yours isn't selling

PS: detail the [censored] out of that and get it looking brand new before trying to sell it with dirty pictures

98.5 T. Red Contour SVT Lowered on FSVT's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154233
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard