Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1635093 08/24/06 04:04 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
C

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
they must have worse blood pressure in DE. :shrug:

I like how Grand Rapids and Boston are 38 and 39. I always knew massholes and MI pricks were pretty equal.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
That study is seriously flawed. The demographic for blood pressure is far too wide to be of use as there are so many unhealthy retirees down here to escape the snow, etc. , and what does traffic congestion have to do with being angry? They'll have to demonstrate that correlation much better before I'll give that study a grain of validity.

Data that identifies assaults that are a result of traffic incidents, domestic & other assaults, dissorderly conduct statistics (all based on percentage of population), would all be of much more use in such a study. Traffic congestion just because you THINK there MIGHT be a correlation? Give me a break!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
That study is seriously flawed. The demographic for blood pressure is far too wide to be of use as there are so many unhealthy retirees down here to escape the snow, etc. , and what does traffic congestion have to do with being angry? They'll have to demonstrate that correlation much better before I'll give that study a grain of validity.

yeah I agree. These study things are always junk IMO.
They're more like tabloid entertainment than helpful scientific research in my mind.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
do you think the hotter the weather is the more agressive the people are ?

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by SVT3Rivieres:
do you think the hotter the weather is the more agressive the people are ?

Has more to do with a proper up-bringing. Plenty of friendly folks down here, transplants & natives. Unfortunately, the loud obnoxious ones get the attention.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I can say from living in Orlando for a year, that it is an angry city. I remember hearing a lot of stories on the news of random assaults and extreme road rage involving shootings for small traffic inconveniences. I can also say from living in Detriot (#3) for a year, that it's filled with unpleasant and up-tight people. (SE-MI mob feel free to disagree) But now that I live in Nashvile (#5), I can't say that I think it's very angry at all. Pretty nice folks in general. I would pretty much assume that citizens of any 'big city' will have a certain amount of stress due to traffic, because traffic sucks in all big cities. Orlando's traffic sucks just as bad as it does in big cites, but it's not a big city at all. It's population is about equal to, or even slightly less-than Fort Wayne IN. People may be angry because it's hellaciously hot and humid, and their roofs get blown off once a year by hurricanes. Or maybe because they have cocroaches the size of small children.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Move out of the way you old mother [censored] you CAN turn right on red!

01 Focus MTX JRSC, 2.6 pully, and so on.......
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
That study is seriously flawed.

I agree. New York City is not on the list? Why, because it is not politically correct after 9/11?

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
they must have worse blood pressure in DE. :shrug:

I like how Grand Rapids and Boston are 38 and 39. I always knew massholes and MI pricks were pretty equal.

What do you expect? I live there. I'd like to thank all the crap drivers in the city that helped aid in my high blood pressure. Actually the reason it's hgiher here is because of all the MI fatties. I don't think I'd call GR and angry city.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard