Next Thread
Print Thread
B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
Hello,

I was doing some maintenance tonight as in replacing the air filter and fuel filter.

All went well on both fronts, but after I test drove it I opened to the hood to verify just to check things I heard a hissing noise.

http://img256.echo.cx/my.php?image=rear7tz.jpg

In that picture it seems like it's coming almost right below the green vac line, and I know they break and crack, but I did not feel any air from it.

It just sounds like it's between the EVR there and the EGR port just below the UIM.

Any suggestions? I'll try to get a pic tomorrow when it's light out, and post.

Thanks for any help.

96 Contour GL, Duratec ATX - 70k
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
One crankcase breather tube is there (PCV valve). In addition, it could be the tubes for the DPFE sensor.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
PCV seemed fine. I replaced it @ 62k and the car has 70k on it now.

It seems more logical that it would be a tube from the DPFE sensor, and I'll check that tomorrow when it is light out.

It does seem to be lower in the engine where the DPFE is, but that is just where it sounds like it is coming from. I'll check those tomorrow some time.

I did replace the air filter with a stock K&N air filter, but the noise I am hearing is definitely a hiss, and doesn't change at all really with throttle.

I dare say it almost sounds like it's coming from the LIM or something, but a hose seems more logical.

Thanks for the quick response.

Last edited by benkill15; 08/24/06 03:26 AM.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by benkill15:
PCV seemed fine. ...

I was referring to crankcase breather tube and the tube which leads to the PCV valve.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
B
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
Tony,

I checked the hoses, and I didn't feel a leak.

I took my time to see if I could feel anything else, and nothing was leaking or anything.

Do you think it's caused by the stock K&N air filter? Is it making a hiss while sucking in air?

Thinking of it now, I should put the paper filter back in and see if the sound changes. I'll do that later today, and report back.

Thanks again Tony.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
When my Zetec is hot after shut-off, the expansion cap hisses for awhile. Open the cap a little and see if it goes away.

95 Contour GL. Bought new. BAT Sway Bars/Pioneer CD/Koni Rear Struts/Mobil Fluids. Looking for 15" alloy rims-PM me. 180,500km's so far.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard