Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
i think i used alittle ruffer sand paper on mine. i polished it my head lights now looked like its all fogged up inside. its not the clearest but i goofed. im gonna try and post a pic later on if i can get the cam to work. anyways anyone has any ideas? i used mothers metal polished. ive done this before but had the right sand paper. so the head lights started to haze again and now i got it worst. im probably looking at replacing them. well anyways if you guys have any ideas what i can do hit me up on here. thanks

1999 Ford Contour SE Zetec with 137k miles. AIM Name: ContourAlf Yahoo IM: Contour_Freak
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Buff on some Meguire's PlastX (I think it's called). Mine were so fogged I couldn't see through them after sanding them down, and the polish cleared ehm right up.

98.5 T. Red Contour SVT Lowered on FSVT's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154233
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Wetsand them with 2000 grit and follow with Plast-x

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
What grit sandpaper did you use?

If you scratched them really bad, then you'll have to start over on them. Begin with a 400 grit or so. Then 800, 1000, 2000. Optionally, you can continue by using red rubbing compound after the 2000 grit, then finally follow that up with white polishing compound. You'll want to spend a good 15 minutes or so on each grit. It will be a fair amount of work, but it should be fixable.

As for the light being cloudy on thi INSIDE, best I can figure is some water got inside while you were sanding, then heated up and condensed on the inside of the lens. Take the lights out, rinse the inside a couple of times with water, then leave them outside in the heat, with the bulb opening facing UP. That should allow the water to evaporate leaving you with a clear, moisture-free lens.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Hm, maybe before you try starting all over again, read my suggestion in "Quick Haze Fix", I wetsanded mine thoroughly but they were so cloudy when I was done, and although I didn't use Meguiars PlastX (Wal-Mart didn't have it, got some cheap plastic polish instead), the polish I used didn't really clear them up at all, what really worked was the Bon Ami, and at less than a dollar for way more than you'd ever need, and 2 minutes of your time, why not try it?

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard