Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
I am looking to create a website for my business. I could use suggestions from those in the know for a reliable and inexpensive hosting service. This may possibly expand into two sites (one for a friend's business), and since the website is a new venture cost and capacity are probably the two most pressing concerns at this point. Ideally, sub-$30 per month range would be preferred.

Any thoughts and input are welcome, and thanks in advance!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I use godaddy.com for hosting for the site I did for work. It's #4 on Yahoo for the most common sense search for real estate appraisers in W. Michigan. With traffic blazer you can upload into all the search engines so it can be crawled. I did a pretty extensive search & godaddy was about the cheapest and they are well known.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
I use EZOSHosting -- they are inside of RackSpace, so you end up with the datacenter protection from the largest host in NA, plus its located in San Antonio, which is rated #1 for the least amount of natural disasters. They start very low cost, and they have VERY personalized service. They handle my primary business website which handles well over 3TB of traffic a month, plus they run all of my network sites, which includes a total of 14 websites. Bar-none the best host I've ever used, and I've been with NTT/Verio, Rackspace directly, GoDaddy, Yahoo, etc, etc. (I even owned my own ISP and Webhosting companies on two different occasions.)

Finding a host that will work with you, and be proactive on your growth is nice, and EZOS has been great for me.

I do agree tho, GoDaddy is a good host -- I just find the service is a lot less personal.

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
GoDaddy for my two small sites, no problems whatsoever...BUT, like eternal said, unless you can manage everything yorself wihout some assistance, I might take his recommendation.

00SEMTXMeshgrill,KKM&K&N,Fogsmodded,17"MotegiFF5's,SilverELgauges,BlueLEDinterior,Knaubered Trubendzw/magnaflowhttp://www.sl33stak.com FSVT Smart pump
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Using InsiderHosting now. Run a couple sites off one account. $10 / month, $1 for a static IP, php and unlimited mysql databases. Works fine, haven't seen it down, they respond quickly to tech tickets, just don't expect anyone to answer the phone. I use Godaddy for all the domain regs, and Dotster for SSL (it's a Thawte certificate @ 1/5 the price, but absolutely clueless support).

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I'm using HostGator for my business and they've been awesome so far.

Shameless self-promotion - www.assaulttowers.com

They've got some great plans. I looked around and they seemed to have a good price with a very good amount of features.

Assault Towers Wakeboard towers and accessories www.assaulttowers.com
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
We use Site Ground Web Hosting over at http://www.chicagoceg.com

It gets great reviews, and costs us like $5-$6 dollars a month....If you pay for 2 years I believe it's $4.95 a month

Check out our forums over at ChicagoCEG.com , great speed and all the goodies you could want in a site.....

Don't believe me, Google 'em and check out the reviews.
Tech support is awesome, 24 hours a day/7 days a week.

I had a problem with my E-mail once (Which turned out it was from me messing around with outlook) and shot them the report at 3:30 am. They got back to me in 15 minutes with my answer, I was simply astounded!!!!!

Forums, picture galleries, mambo, web site builder all included for free in the price. And once you pay for the site, it's there!!!!!

I couldnt be happier with a web site host.

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Ok. I decided last night to go with godaddy for the moment. I'm on month-to-month, and only paid for the first month. This seemed to be the easiest way to jump start me. If after a month or two I don't like the service or the cost, I can easily change. I registered two domain names, StilesSignCo.com and SignsInGraham.com, and got the first months hosting for about $19. $7/month gets me 100 gig of storage, and 1000 gig transfer (bandwidth?). That should be MORE than enough for now. I'll keep this thread marked as a favorite, so I can go back later and compare prices with all the companies you listed.

On a side note, a couple of people had said godaddy's cust. svc. was lacking. I was surprised today to get a phone call from a godaddy rep. welcoming me and asking me if I had any questions or problems I needed help with. I was pleasantly surprised by this, as I never expected any phone call from them! We'll see how their service holds up as I get furthing into setting this site up when I need actual help.

Thanks for all the input!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.

Link Copied to Clipboard