Next Thread
Print Thread
T
I have no life
OP Offline
I have no life
T
That this was cool. http://www.autowatch.com/

At selected Auto Body repair shops you can watch your car having collision work done. My g/f's M6S is getting done Thurs/Fri at one of these shops. I'd have her sign up if it was more than a bumper respray. Now if they'd do it at Ford delerships etc. when you're getting mechanical work done. Oh wait no more underhandedness. That would never happen.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Intersting. I would sign up if I needed repairs.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
They need a live video cam for sports car repairs. "And here is the mechanic as he takes the Z06 vette for a 48 mile test drive at 172 MPH."

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
that's cool.

luckily, the mechanic i do use i am pretty good friends with, and i can walk around the shop freely. Actually, the same goes for anywhere else i take the car.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Well, maybe if I had that kind of time on my hands. I just get my repair work done at a place with an impeccable reputation so I don't have to watch them.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Horrible idea for a business, IMHO. Collision repair in particular can take VERY long periods of time with much of that time just waiting for parts or freed-up labor. It would be perfectly normal for a customer's car to not be touched for a day, even several days, while waiting for parts. Or even if the parts do get in, that work is done on some other cars to get them out first for a variety of reasons. All you'll get with cameras watching your work is a bunch of people constantly calling your up wondering why you aren't working on their car. Managers of those shops have enough of those calls to deal with as it is without people being able to question every business decision you make.

I just take my car to a reputable shop to begin with. And I don't take my car to any shop that won't let me walk around the shop. It's perfectly understandable why, for liability purposes, some places won't let you; I just won't take my car to any of them.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
T
I have no life
OP Offline
I have no life
T
If you looked at the site you would realize it's not live video. It's just pictures of the progress of the repair. I think people are smart enough to realize it's not going to be worked on 24-7 when it hits the shop.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
Well, maybe if I had that kind of time on my hands. I just get my repair work done at a place with an impeccable reputation so I don't have to watch them.

i do not watch every move they make. and if i have to leave the car, then obviously i dont' hang around. my point is, the people i go to are friends/neighbors that i've known for a long time. They have nothing to hide, and i have no reason not to trust them. One of the good things about where i live...everyone knows everyone.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.

Link Copied to Clipboard