Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I was in an accident on monday evening around 530pm, on my way to work. I had turned left onto a busy road, and a lady going the opposite way was passing a car turning right onto the road I came off of. She was in the middle of the road when she struck my driver's side door and fender. She hit it hard enough to bend the a-pillar on the inside of the door. I hit the left side of my head on the glass, but luckily it didn't shatter. Walked away with a nasty bump & bruise on my temple. Unfortunately i was cited for "not following turning rules". F'IN $98 TICKET!!!! No points are going on my license though b/c i have a clean driving record. The body shop estimated it to be around $3300 in damage. Not enough to total it, but enough to piss me off!!!!! Now I have to wait and see b/c there might have been more damage than what was visible. So now i have to pay my $500 deductible, and I get to drive around in a '07 Hyundai Sonata. I just hope it's fixed before the EOSB!!!! I only had pics on my phone, so I will try to get those up a.s.a.p.

*~Bonnie~* 2000 CSVT, Amazon Green, built 2/?/00 135K and counting!!!!
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
CSVT, because like an orphan, someone has to take care of them.

W
Back In Black
Back In Black
W

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by BiggityBon:
I hit the left side of my head on the glass, but luckily it didn't shatter.

Shattered head is never good. Good luck getting the car 100% after and accident of the magnitude.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
lol...good point. i should've stated "I'm lucky THE GLASS didn't shatter." i'm still kinda out of it. I haven't really been able to think straight, I've been mixing up my words alot. They told me to go to my family doctor tomorrow to make sure I didn't mess up what's left of my brain I guess I'm just more pissed off than anything. My car hasn't been 100% since I bought it. It was in a minor rear-end collision back in 2001, way before I bought it. I wish they would've just totalled it. They said the damages only came to 35% of the car's worth. I guess it has to be 75% or more to total it. That makes me wonder what they thought it WAS worth!!!!

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
lol...good point. i should've stated "I'm lucky THE GLASS didn't shatter." i'm still kinda out of it. I haven't really been able to think straight, I've been mixing up my words alot. They told me to go to my family doctor tomorrow to make sure I didn't mess up what's left of my brain I guess I'm just more pissed off than anything. My car hasn't been 100% since I bought it. It was in a minor rear-end collision back in 2001, way before I bought it. I wish they would've just totalled it. They said the damages only came to 35% of the car's worth. I guess it has to be 75% or more to total it. That makes me wonder what they thought it WAS worth!!!!

That is questionable... damages were IIRC $3500... which is 35% of the value of the car?

that doesnt sound right... Becaue by those standards they are saying YOUR car with nearly 140K miles was worth 10K

[censored]! they should have totaled it, you could have bought a nice ass CSVT with 10K. 3L and all!

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
that's EXACTLY what i was thinking. how could it be that much and not be totalled??? the trade in value for that many miles is barely even that much!!!!!!!! i guess i'll have to wait and see, i just took it in last night. it's so weird driving an automatic right now though!!!!!

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I'm glad your ok,
I dont think its the best thing to have the car totalled.. cuz then it goes on the history.. and it looks bad..carfax n stuff
If your ever thinking of selling it in the future.. let me know

waits for pics

'98 2.5L Mystique LS T-Red
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
it'll probably be tomorrow when i send pics. i have to get a download cable for my cell phone. that's the only way i can send pics from my phone now. and i don't get paid until tomorrow. i will do my best to get them on here a.s.a.p.!!!!

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
NO WAY

Sounds crazy, too bad they didn't hit your back bumper, coulda fixed that up

98.5 T. Red Contour SVT Lowered on FSVT's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154233
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
it'll probably be tomorrow when i send pics. i have to get a download cable for my cell phone. that's the only way i can send pics from my phone now. and i don't get paid until tomorrow. i will do my best to get them on here a.s.a.p.!!!!

[censored], bonnie, just e-mail them to me like you did with that one pic... you have a pm.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard