Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1634391 08/23/06 12:12 PM
T
Tisby Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
[rant on]Registering to retake the [censored] SATs! Since these tests are "required" I really think it'd be nice if they were free. And it'd also be cool if colleges would refund the application rapage (pardon me, fee) if you attend.[/rant off]

2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
a whole $40 for a worthless test that won't ever help you get into a worthless college !!!!????

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Tisby:
[rant on]Registering to retake the [censored] SATs! Since these tests are "required" I really think it'd be nice if they were free. And it'd also be cool if colleges would refund the application rapage (pardon me, fee) if you attend.[/rant off]

Well, since attendance at College is a privilege, not a right (like a "free" public education) WTH are you griping about? $40? Give me a break. You are trying to get into colleges to spend thousands a year on tuition.

Plus, if you are "retaking" the tests, does that mean you didn't do well the first time? Trying to up your score?

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Just think of it this way, going to a good college will cost you almost 1000 times that a year. Now you can [censored] and moan.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I never too the SAT's or ACT's. Knew I was going to save my money and go to a community college to get my gen. ed's taken care of. They didn't need the scores. Transfered to a 4 year school after 2 years to get my diploma.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by todras:
I never took the SAT's or ACT's. Knew I was going to save my money and go to a community college to get my gen. ed's taken care of. They didn't need the scores. Transfered to a 4 year school after 2 years to get my diploma.

Boo-yeah, me either, went to NOVA (Community College) in VA and then transgfered to Catholic in DC and graduated with a degree in architecture, saved about $80,000 by going to the community college. plus i learned a lot more about the actual business than i did at CUA. $40 is a drop in the hat, after you drop $28G's a year you won't notice it that much. plus if you graduate from college, you will make a lot more than you would if you didn't go at all (in most cases, dependent on career and location)

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
T
Tisby Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Yeah, I know it ain't much, but it's still a kinda dumb. I wonder how much it actually costs for me to take the test...? Prolly around 2 or 3 bucks... If I can up my score than I can skip 3 classes, so I guess the $40 is wwwaaayyy better than another $1000 in tuition.

2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
PSATs were worth it though. Got a good score and onto the national merit list, or whatever it was called. Ended up saving me $4k through my first two years. That, and our local MI apptitude test, MEAP. They gave a ton of loot four years ago, IIRC I got like $5k from the state. Too bad they don't do this anymore in MI.

99 Black Contour SE Sport
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:
a whole $40 for a worthless test that won't ever help you get into a worthless college !!!!????

~Andrew

SOMEBODY didn't do well on the SAT...

99 Silver CSVT
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by deftoned989:
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:

~Andrew

SOMEBODY didn't do well on the SAT...

I'm sure that was sarcasm on his part.

Just be glad you're not writing the SAT II as well...can't believe how much I paid to get owned like that by that test.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard