Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TM1 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
My mom just bought an 06 Mustang and i took over her car which is a 2000 T-Red SE Contour. Everything is stock and it is an automatic, would of liked stick but i took the car because it's free and it's a nice looking car since it was/is garaged it's whole life. I want to get a new exhaust for it and wanted to know what else i would need besides the exhaust. I was thinking of the Flowmaster trubendz or the Magnaflow. I want something loud but if the flowmaster will be too loud and annoying i don't want it. Is the overall sound the car makes with the exhaust a good note, i don't want anything that sounds like it's a 4 banger Japanese car. Only way i'd want a very loud exhaust is if it's a V8 Mustang. To the owners with a trubendz which would you recommend, the magnaflow or flowmaster and what will i need besides the exhaust. I don't know how to install and will be taking it to my normal mechanic, been going to him for years so i know he won't screw me on anything. If anyone can help me out i'd appreciate it, thanks.

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
get flowmaster, even gut the precats, itll sound nice, still somewhat "electric" sounding....then you may get an intake, any intake, with an open element filter...yea then itll sound great! nice and throaty, somewhat annoying between 2700 and 2900 rpms but when do u really see those for long periods...thats right at 70 miles an hour but besides that its great.

2002 Cougar 2.5 duratec/ mtx-75 85,0000 Mondeo ST-200 wheels/BFG KDW NT black/black Spec Stage 1 Torsen T-2 Trubendz 2.5 flowmaster dual exaust apexi s-afc II K&N FIPK
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by ContourGuy9817:
.. even gut the precats, itll sound nice, still somewhat "electric" sounding...

Don't gut the precats if you have to deal with smog tailpipe sniffer emissions testing. You will most probably fail the test. And you have to install mileliminators after gutting the precats. Only gut it if the precats are clogged up.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
As always...

I suggest buying the trubendz Magnaflow non-res system if you don't plan on runninga hi-flow y-pipe and headers. The sound at idle is perfect and sounds great at all rpm's. However, traveling on the interstate at around 3k the sound gets annoying after awhile. Thats why I suggest magnaflow and not the flowmaster, cause the flowmaster is quite louder.

If you plan on going with headers and y-pipe in the future, I suggest the trubendz magnaflow resonated system. The resonators should help quite it down, cause believe me, without res, and headers and y, this thing is loud!

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I purchased the Magnaflow resonated system two years ago and it still sounds great. People are still give me compliments on the sound as its pretty subdued but throaty. I've got no regrets on that buy.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
I personally would say Trubendz is great for pipeing kits... but their exhaust systems right from there dont sound amaizing, better then stock obviously but could be better. I suggest you go quazi-dual... which means basically one straight pipe to the back then have it split off to two pipes with two mufflers, all they have to do is weld in an exhaust hanger which is easy.

Custom is a great way to go if you find a shop that is willing to do it for a good price... I would say but a magnaflow muffler to use as a resonator, then get two magnawflow mufflers for the rear. You will love it. Having a magniflow muffler as a resonator will eliminate drone and rasp, while making the exhaust louder and more agressive sounding, of course... not TOO loud.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by AliasJerkâ?¢:
I suggest you go quazi-dual... which means basically one straight pipe to the back then have it split off to two pipes with two mufflers, all they have to do is weld in an exhaust hanger which is easy.

That's what the TruBendz is. You have one big muffler in the main pipe, it splits at the rear, and then goes back to two smaller Magnaflow resonators at the tips.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
umm.. between the two i would say get the borla non rez.. becuase i will fight to the death that it is the best sounding exhuast that trubendz makes.

flowmaster in general is just a, eh... crappy sound.
i hear that the mag flow is just too mellow.

borla exhausts have known to be hands down one of the greatest companies. .. um yea,

borla non rez

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2424902 1998.5 Contour svt #5447 of 6535 B&M short Throw Shifter KKM intake borla catback (truebendz)

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard