Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I got a call the other day that the harnesses had arrived, so I dropped my car off yesterday afternoon for them to start the service. They gave me, as a rental/loaner, a PT Cruiser, of all things. About 4500 miles, drives OK (I think it has the light-pressure turbo), but I hate the driver's seat and the fabric on the interior. Anyway, I don't have an ETA for the 99M03 completion, but between that and my wife's Mazda 6 being at THAT stealership (across the street from Ford, incidentally) for a brake pedal noise and oil change, we are in the unusual position of not actually possessing either of the cars that we own.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Holy ISH! My service writer just called.

They're DONE.

He said that two technicians, one of whom had done one of these recently, tackled it first thing this morning and plowed through the whole job. I said I was surprised, and he said "Yeah, so was I!" I'm picking it up in the morning...I think I might drop by the grocery store on the way in and buy a few boxes of doughnut holes for the service dept. while I'm on my way.

Here's hoping that it's all put back together right.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Did they replace four harnesses?

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by eepals:
Did they replace four harnesses?

He said at the beginning that they had ordered them all, so I think yes. It's possible that they didn't do the fan harness, because the previous (original) owner told me that it had been replaced when it was cracking by a dealership who didn't tell him about the 99M03 and did charge him for it. I felt compelled to mention it when I took it in, and frankly, if they left it alone, that's fine with me. I'm picking it up this morning.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard