Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1633722 08/22/06 01:26 AM
M
MattB Offline OP
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
M
Well with the addition of a second child in 4 days, we test fitted the infant car seat in the contour. I have to tell you i knew the contour was tiny before with just one car seat but with the new car seat, my tour is a 3 passenger car. The passenger seat is at the closet point to the dash as it can go. My wife cant sit in the passenger seat now. Wifes car is a Volvo 240 and it fits 2 car seats fine, with both front seats as far back. I guesse my contour is second to volvo in terms of family car. We normally took the contour for vacations and getaways because its a lot newer and quicker then the volvo. So its a sad day that the contour will no longer be the family geta way car. I have thougth about selling the car but resale values are horrible about $1000 (maybe) for the 1997 contour and $1700 for a 1990 volvo , almost 7 years older but better resale. Well we are going to hold on to the contour till it dies i guesse....

Anyone else with family space issues?

Matt

'97 Pumice Zetec Sport- 'At least its not a geo!'
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by MattB:
Well with the addition of a second child in 4 days,

Wow! You had 2 kids in 4 days? Man, what kind of fertility drugs did you have her on?

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
i know how you feel about the room issues. i have to ut my daughters car seat in the middle in the back seat so both front passengers are comfortable. I can only imagine with two

1998 CSVT #844 Born May 9,1997 Silver n Blue B&M Short throw shifter Eibach springs 4 Memphis PR 12" www.cardomain.com/ride/2273778
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
It helps if you get the "Infant Only" rear-facing car seat (up to 20 lbs or one year) as opposed to the Convertible car seats where it goes from 5 to 20lbs rear-facing/21 to 40 lbs forward-facing. The Convertible ones are much longer and higher.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
M
MattB Offline OP
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
M
We looked at the just infant only. But we already have car seat/holder bucket, works for 2 cars. Im 6'1" and with the seat back all the way is ok but its a few clicks forward, so my knees are getting close to the wheel, oh well. I will take it over another car payment anyday though. Both cars have been paid off for years, so not having car payments is really nice. Going to wait a few years and get up graded cars, when we have money .....

Matt

'97 Pumice Zetec Sport- 'At least its not a geo!'
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Im 6'1" and with the seat back all the way is ok but its a few clicks forward, so my knees are getting close to the wheel, oh well.

You must be a different 6'-1" than me, because I don't keep my seat anywhere near the furthest back position, and I have pleanty of leg room. I keep my seat up far enough, to where my knees are just a little under the dash, and where I have full control of the wheel and shifter. I have 6'-0" tall friends sit in the back without much complaining.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
You have a long body, Mark. That could be the difference.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

Haha, so wouldn't you think I'd need MORE leg room? I guess I don't go for the gangsta lean.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
...holder bucket, works for 2 cars....

Try without the holder bucket for the Contour. It is a pain to have to buckle up the car seat everytime, but the extra three inches could make the difference.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

Haha, so wouldn't you think I'd need MORE leg room? I guess I don't go for the gangsta lean.

No, I'm saying if your torso is long, then your legs are a little shorter than a guy with a short body and long legs who is the same height.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard