Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
NVSVT Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
I'm getting a couple of the seats in my 1998 SVT Contour recovered, but I'm having trouble finding "Midnight Blue" leather. Does anyone know of a source for high-quality leather in this color?

The Original Owner of 1998 SVT Contour #3384 of 6535, Toreador Red/Midnight Blue, Assembled September 3rd, 1997 Also the Original Owner of a 1998.5 Contour SE Sport V6 5-speed, Vibrant White/Greystone Sport Cloth, Assembled August 6th, 1998
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Try asking for something I like to call "purple". I betcha they find a match really quick.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
I would just buy a good condition pair of midnight blue leather seats. They aren't that hard to find. I even know someone with a pair. I think it would save you alot of effort and money, but that is just my two cents.

And WTF is the "just ask for purple" !?!? I don't know about your car, but I don't have "purple" leather interior in my SVT.

-Reebs-

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
looks purple to me

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by hotdimmes:
looks purple to me

+ eleventy billion!

I've always thought that the black and "blue" interior looks like a giant bruise! IMO Silver Frost is the only exterior color the midnight blue looks even remotely good with. Black and T-red? Barf!

Last edited by IRingTwyce; 08/22/06 02:39 AM.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by hotdimmes:
looks purple to me

And? So does that silver frost 'tour. check the A-pillar exterior) The picture is washed out. Someone MADE it look purple. Doesn't make MY interior look any more purple. Mine is still midnight BLUE. EASILY noticeable, and BLUE.

Sorry you don't like the color.

(The color of blue, that is.. )

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Midnight Blue in direct sunlight is purple. Ever drive around with the sunroof open and look at the areas where the sun is hitting? It's a purple as could be.

Don't get me wrong though. Not saying I don't like Midnight Blue. I love how every person sees it differently. Black leather, dark gray, blue, purple, w/e.

Depending on light conditions, it can be a varity of colors.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
So can the walls, if you're on acid.

I getcha, though.

Night all!

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Purple? I can see a touch of it in the blue but don't call the interior purple.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by todras:
Purple? I can see a touch of it in the blue but don't call the interior purple.

T3h t0dd makes baby Ray Charles cry.

It's dark Barney purple, no question about it.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard