Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
snakous Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
It's that time of the year again; time to go back to school. Through my first two years (which took me 3), I've been able to pay for my school without taking out any loans by taking a lot of my Gen Eds at a community college. Well now I'll be finishing up my last two years with all classes at a 4-year university, meaning obviously a lot more money. I'd also been living with my parents with no rent to pay. Now I'm renting a house with some friends and will have more bills to pay.

I'm going to be working a few days a week but will not be making enough to cover all of my expenses. Does anybody know of a good lender that offers monthly debit cards in which you set a specific amount and it is deposited each month? I know a few people who have done this. Has anybody here also done this?

Jake

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Time to learn how to manage a checking account.

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
I have never heard of that before.

Is tuition included in your expenses that you won't be able to afford or not?
If not, I'd say you're in over your head renting now if you can't pay for it, so move back in with the 'rents, or get a better job.
If it's tuition that's causing you to go under, why not just get a loan for that and pay off what you can after living expenses?

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Avoid the student loan if you can. Live with your parents to save money. Unless you are going for an engineering, aacounting, law , etc. you don't want to start off with a lot of debt. Just my .02

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Can only live at home so long before it's time to move on. I milked it going to a CC for the first 2 years but then I felt it was time to move on. Couldn't really help it eaither since my folks live in BFE and no where near a 4 year school. I'm guessing that's your situation. I worked my ass off all summer and collected unemployment all winter since my summer job was seasonal. I felt bad doing it but it got me through school. I'd have to drive home on weekends in the fall to get 2 12 hour days in as well. Student loans helped a lot too. I'm taking it in the pooper now. I also worked on campus for Grand Valley during the year. I guess if you called it work. So that plus unemployment allowed me $ for car payments and food etc.

In addition:
Also buying a trailer in Allendale Meadows etc. was dirt cheap. My g/f's dad bought a trailer. My g/f, her brother, her brother's g/f and I paid rent. I don't think my g/f and her brother paid though. LOL! I think my rent was like $200 a month. Not bad for full access to his daughter. LOL! Still don't know how I swung that one. Anywho sell the trailer upon graduation and recoup your fees. I knew a lot of guys that did this.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
snakous Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:
Time to learn how to manage a checking account.

Meh, go wank it to a GTO video or something

I've done a fine job managing my checking account since I was 17.

Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
I have never heard of that before.

Is tuition included in your expenses that you won't be able to afford or not?
If not, I'd say you're in over your head renting now if you can't pay for it, so move back in with the 'rents, or get a better job.
If it's tuition that's causing you to go under, why not just get a loan for that and pay off what you can after living expenses?

I have a federal grant that pays $1,750 of my tuition per semester, leaving about $2,500 to pay each semester. Tuition is done and paid for as well as security deposit and first month's rent. I cannot move back in with my parents as school is about 2 hours from home I guess what I should probably do is take out a loan for the exact amount of the remaining 11 months rent. I will be looking for a better job once school starts and I can figure out an exact school schedule. Mostly just lookoing for a couple hundred dollars a month to supplement my income.

Edit: Todd, I may look into working for GV a couple night shifts a week at a desk job as well.

As for living in Allendull, I will be taking business courses which will be mostly downtown. My rent is relatively cheap as we have 5 people to split the rent. It will be about $315 with utilities included. You'll have to come by for a few parties or to shoot the shite and watch some sporting events.

Last edited by snakous; 08/21/06 08:21 PM.

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Just a note. I'm not trailer trash! It had a garden tub and central A/C. You don't that shiz on campus. Also don't have the distractions from ppl making noise above and below you at odd hours.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by todras:
You don't that shiz on campus.

But living on campus was the best year I don't remember.

S
snakous Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

3000 posts! But 2000 were GTO related

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by snakous:

3000 posts! But 2000 were GTO related

AHHHHhahahahaha!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard