Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I was backing out with the family's Vue Redline when I hit a parked 99 Acura 1.6 EL rear left door. The dent is very visible, and pretty deep. Basically the size of a basketball (not the depth, but about the same size all around). The thing is I've been calling body shops that want outrageous sums of money for pulling it out, some gurantee no cracking, others don't. So I've called a few yards who have the door for the car in Silver which is the car colour, and was wondering is it worth it to replace the door + labour for putting it on? Or should I just try and pull the dent? I mean her car had 170,000KM or so on it so I mean a NEW door would be kinda nice but if they can pull it is that a cheaper route to go usually?

I am not going through insurance, I don't wanna raise rates on myself as well as drain money out of the insurance pool that leads to rate increases. What should I do? I'm going to go into debt after paying for this regardless because of my tuition costs and my credit card bills, but man... what do you guys recommend? (IF YOU live in the Toronto area, and know a reputible or good body shop for this, please PM me ASAP). Otherwise, I'll have to replace the door.

My question is, if I get a silver door off a 99 civic with power windows and locks, will it match up perfectly as well? I want to find a silver door so I avoid painting costs, and hopefully someone can either pull the dent or INSTALL the new door for cheaper.

Right now, the new door is $250 + whatever for labour OR... about $200-$300 to pull the dent, but if it cracks then paint would be needed. I'm going to ask you guys first before I go back to that lady (my neighbors sister-in-law) so that way I'll be prepared as to what my options are. If you guys could help out, that'd be great.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
$250 for pulling a baseball sized dent is far from outrageous.

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Need to bring the car in to see who is willing to do "paintless dent removal" technique. If not, you are probably better going through the insurance. That door could end up costing $1000 by the time you add paint and what nots if they can't do it without a "new" door and/or major painting.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
We had a guy come to SZ to pull dents. Would have done that one for $25. LOL! We watched him pull one out of a Mazda 6 that was the size of a softball. You'd never know it was there. If it's not creased it shouldn't be more than $75 to pull by a paintless dent removal place.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
I'd just go thru insurance. Most times your insurance goes up very little if at all. Paying 2000 now or 2000 over 2 years doesn't make much difference.

HondaKL -- Driving in Spandex! ::2000 Honda Civic EX:: Here for the conversation, not the car.

Link Copied to Clipboard