Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
afroman Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Ok the check engin light came on again but once again it was the code P0401 I always get. In the meentime the spedo has started to work again and has been running for about a day or 50 miles.

The autozone site said to check the resistance of the VSS said it should read between 190-250 Ohms if it's good. Also I have not checked the connetions in the dash yet or the VSS connection itself.

I figure maybe the battery change fixed it and it just took a while to start working again (kind of my wishfull thinking).

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by afroman:
Ok the check engin light came on again but once again it was the code P0401 I always get....

Need to take care of this issue. Clean the EGR and throttle body (make sure you put new gaskets after that).

EGR and TB ckeaning

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
A
afroman Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Why do you say I need to fix this EGR problem? The car runs fine don't notic any difference with or without the light on. Is there more long term effects?

This is a beater car of mine and I don't want to put any money into it but also I need it to last another year or two.

Thanks

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
With the CEL on, you are looking at higher fuel consumption. And the gaskets are $2. The cleaner will probably be $5. Not a whole lot more expensive than 2 gallons of gas.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by afroman:
Why do you say I need to fix this EGR problem ?

there you answered it youself, its a problem and you should fix problems not let them go, as stated it is fairly easy and you will get better gas milage with the CEL off rather then on ...

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
A
afroman Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
ok...ok...you sold me on the idea. I've been putting it off because even though you guy's say it easy and only takes an hour or two I know my luck it will take the better part of the day and I will break something.

But alright if it will give me better milage you just sold me on the idea. As for fixing it because it is a "problem" well the clunking in the front end when I turn is also a "problem" but but that will hopfully keep on clunking for a year or two.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard