Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Try blipping the throttle right before going into Reverse to get some transmission fluid on the gears. It should slide in easier after that.

David

The greatest stealth car ever... CSVT 1998 2.5L V6 MTX KKM intake with BAT pipe Magnaflow resonator other Audio enhancements
C
CLASSVT Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I talked to the folks at the shop, and asked what brand of tranny fluid they used. They told me that they didn't refill the tranny fluid because they never drained it. I'm still going to have the fluid drained/refilled. But I looked at every parts store for decent tranny fluid, and found nothing. Ford parts had no clue of any additive for the ATF, and I sure as hell am not paying $60 for honey. So I found myself at the Mopar parts counter getting their ATF with addidive. I'll have it in tomorrow when I go to show the shop my dilema, as they agreed to go ahead and drain and refill it for me. Is it possible that something got screwed during the flywheel install? It doesn't seem like that would be invasive engough to screw up something internally in the tranny. I'm at a loss here. I don't know what to think. Like I said it was perfect before it went to the shop.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Ryan, I've had the Royal Purple Syncromax in my tranny since Spring Zing, so 3 months now. You might look into it, as it is highly recommended for these transmissions.

Since you don't know what's in there right now, it wouldn't hurt to change the fluid, and be sure it's full.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
C
CLASSVT Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Dude, that's what I just got done posting. But I bought the Chrysler ATF w/additive, because no auto parts stores around here have RP, Redline, or any other recommended brands. I'm having the fluid changed out today.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by CLASSVT:
Dude, that's what I just got done posting. But I bought the Chrysler ATF w/additive, because no auto parts stores around here have RP, Redline, or any other recommended brands. I'm having the fluid changed out today.

I wasn't sure if that's what you meant by:

Originally posted by CLASSVT:
But I looked at every parts store for decent tranny fluid, and found nothing.

Sounds like the auto parts stores in TN suck! Could have still ordered it from Summit.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
C
CLASSVT Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Yeah well it's the same old Castrol brands at every single place. But I read a post yesterday about a guy getting RP at Pep Boys, so I looked them up to see if one was local. Sure enough there was, so I returned the Mopar sh!t and scooped up some RP. Had the fluid drained/filled about a half hour ago, and so far there is definately improvement. It still is not as easy to get into reverse as it was, and should be. I'll see if it continues to improve or if it remains an issue.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard