Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
TGO Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Just wondering if it would be good or bad to leave it on all year round, with the reverse scoop being there and all?

IIRC it's right over the plastic engine cover, so I think any water that got in there would just run down the front of the motor...but I'm worried about snow and stuff too. I also don't want ot swap hoods every few months.

I'll probably buy a car cover for snowy days, i know water's going to get in there regardless from rain and stuff but i guess i'm looking for someone to tell me they have one on all year and have no problems!

I really want to get this thing on! I waited 2+ years for it, and it's been sitting in my room for over a year now!

Last edited by TGO; 08/21/06 03:31 AM.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Does the scoop opening have any kind of mesh in it? If so, snow shouldn't be that huge of an issue. Unless it's a super-fine snow that won't stick for crap, it ought to pile up over the mesh about like it does on the rest of the car. When you brush it off the car, some might fall into the engine bay, but I can't imagine it would be enough to cause problems.

As far as water goes, I wouldn't worry too much, unless it's running right down onto an open air filter.

I'm sure a simple piece of cardboard over the opening at night would work as well as a cover, though some might consider that "ghetto engineering."

My two cents, and that's probably over charging!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Just place a aluminum piece over the screen cut out you have. Put 2 zippie ties threw it to the screen to fasten it down. And that's it. It's not like anyone will see it. paint the metal the color of your car.

no worries!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Where can I get one of these hoods?

1998.5 SVT contour #5979 3L 1995 Mercury Mystique 2.5L auto, all ghetto fo sho
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by starjammir:
Where can I get one of these hoods?

Nowhere. Unless someone sells theirs.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
someone sell theirs pleaseeee, I really want the cowl or the evo hood.

1998.5 SVT contour #5979 3L 1995 Mercury Mystique 2.5L auto, all ghetto fo sho
T
TGO Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by starjammir:
someone sell theirs pleaseeee, I really want the cowl or the evo hood.

i've thought about selling it, but i don't think so. I paid $500 for it between the cost of the hood and shipping, and waited 2+ years for it. I've gone through too much trouble just to sell it off. Plus, i'm not dealing with the hassle of shipping it. If i were to sell it, the buyer would have to pick it up.

I think if you want the hood you're gonna have to buy the while car. I'm in the process of getting it looking like it was in it's prime, then i'll most likely sell it.

That being said, thanks guys for the tips. I think if anything i'll go with the cut piece of aluminum/metal in the winter. The hood does have a mesh in the cowl, not super fine...but smaller than the stock grills on the car.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
I have an Evo hood...

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Loco4G63:
I have an Evo hood...

Shush troll!!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
T
TGO Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Loco4G63:
I have an Evo hood...

[cartman] hay! [/cartman]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard