Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Do the rear reflector assemblies for either car fit either car? Because I like the contour rear reflector because of hte big chrome/stainless steel look. I was just thinking of prying off the chrome off my mystique reflector and adding it to the contour. If that's possible, I'll pick one up, if not, I'm going to have to replace my current reflector because I screwed up drilling the Mercury emblem in there (new bigger one).

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Yes I'm 99% positive that it's interchangable. The only difference is that the Mystique has chrome on the side taillights. The center reflector is similar as well and bolts into the same place.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
yes they are..10000000% sure..

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
but if you do replace the reflector make sure that the taillights match it or it will look wierd.

Dan 2000 Mercury Mystique Tidal Wave Blue 17" Maxxim Ahead Gold Rims ED Molded Bodykit http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2384075
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by 2000myst:
but if you do replace the reflector make sure that the taillights match it or it will look wierd.

agreed

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K

Seeing that I was the first here in the CEG to do this I feel the need to speak on this The above car used to be mine (duh ) and here's what you've gotta do:

-you need the tails AND the center reflector because of the chrome strip that runs all the way across it.

-the bulb connector is slightly different and because I was lazy at the time all I had to do was use some duct tape to hold the assembly in place (everything could use some duct tape now and then ) and besides, the big plastic piece holds everything in place and its then hidden. Some good with splicing will do it the right way though

I feel this was a great mod because it got rid of the chrome that a car with a Euro look doesn't need and to help that along further I used blackout tape from PepBoys to eliminate all the chrome from the rear section, even the emblem came out eventually and custom decal installed in place of the Merc logo Additionally the area around the licence plate looks 1000% better IMO and the backup light area looks custom with the black lines in there. In closing this was one of my best mods not only for the above reason but it was also free because someone else wanted what I had, perfect! Good luck doing this and if you need further proof, refer to the above pic

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
still one of the mods i'd love to do. i've even bought the pieces but they werent to my standards so i sold them.(dont buy these kinds of items off ebay). i'll only buy them if i can see them in person like a local salvage yard.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I just found out from Chad that the new owner swapped out the Mystque reflector/tailights in favor of the stock ones OH well, to each his own I guess!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard