Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Its your diff for sure, no ifs ands or buts about it.

Those are the EXACT same things that happened to me.

Sorry...

8000RPM Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
yeah, that's bad. so what did you do? did you get a new tranny? how much was it? did you change it yourself? was it hard? or would it be better to get a limited slip differential and open my tranny and change just the differential? or should i get the stock differential? i don't even know what i am talking about...

or at BAT there is a tranny that has a longer 5th gear...is that any better? if so, how? coz it is more expensive than what i see on ebay.. ohh yeah, and would bill jenkins or someone else be able to proved me witha deal on a tranny?

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by 8000RPM:
so what did you do?

Do the only thing that is right, send it to Terry. If you plan on driving it hard (drag racing and what not) then that is the only way to go.

did you get a new tranny?

Nope, I didn't need one. But it was completely rebuilt with tougher parts by TH.

how much was it?

I think with all the parts and labor from terry it was around $1500

did you change it yourself?

Nope, I didn't have the knowledge, tools, or time to do it.

was it hard?

From what I saw when Stazi was working on it, it didn't look very fun.

or would it be better to get a limited slip differential and open my tranny and change just the differential?

Like I said, if you plan on somewhat beating on it... LSD is the only way to go. Its been said that stock diffs are like glass. And apparently you just found that out.

or should i get the stock differential?

No, you'll regret it.

Hope I've helped, shoot me a PM if you need anything else.

8000RPM Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
i will pm you later. i need to talk to my guy and see some prices tomorrow. where is Terry? how do i send it to him? and what's TH? So Stazi took yours off, then you sent it to Terry, he rebuild it with stronger parts, you got it back, and Stazi installed it, and all that for $1500? I used to work in a Ford Dealership, so I my car is there now. most likely that's where i will be changing the tranny with my friends, however i will not have the luxury of keeping my car on a lift for more than a day, so i must have all the parts i need in advance and work fast. so i guess, sending it to Terry is not an option...i just don't know if it is a good idea for us to open the tranny and try to change the differential, or just get a used/rebuilt tranny from ebay or a junkyeard and just swap the two, whithout abusing it anymore.
so what parts did you put in yours, because only the limited slip diff is like $700-900 itself. how much was labor? sorry for the many question, but you've been helpfull.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard