Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
"Absolut Rara."
OP Offline
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by todras:
Really needs to be a black seat or more of a Baseball Glove/Saddle color.

I'm inclined to agree. I keep going back and forth between keeping these and recovering the rear seats and door inserts w/ the same leather, and painting everything else w/ a dark charcoal gray (still not keen on tearing the dash out, some of you know how long it takes for me to get my own projects done) or, trading the seats back to Sparco for black ones, recovering the rear seats, and maybe the door inserts in the black leather, and calling it good.

The additional benefit w/ the black, is that when I eventually sell the car, I can replace the seats w/ stockers, and reuse the nice sparcos in another car.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
I would just swap them for black ones. Seems easier and cheaper. And like you mentioned you could reuse them later. I also feel like black is more acceptable if its not going to match.

But hot damn are those seats beautiful! Great color.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
wow I didn't realize the difference was to extreme, but after getting the in-car comparison I'd probably go w/ the black...they'd still look a little out of place, but it wouldn't look as bad as the two-toned tans or the 100% butter interior (bleck )

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Go with black. If you take as long as I do with projects, at least the black seats will match a little better than the butter seats and prairie tan interior.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Rara:

And, fwiw, I didn't pay retail on the seats, I got quite a discount because of a sort of a sponsorship deal from a friend's company www.racer91m.com so its not like I'm made of money. Plus, I've got plenty of money going into other areas of the car these days, lol.

I hope you got a better deal than most. A little pricey on some things!!!!!!!

http://www.racer91m.com/servlet/Detail?no=199

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
R
"Absolut Rara."
OP Offline
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by Rara:

And, fwiw, I didn't pay retail on the seats, I got quite a discount because of a sort of a sponsorship deal from a friend's company www.racer91m.com so its not like I'm made of money. Plus, I've got plenty of money going into other areas of the car these days, lol.

I hope you got a better deal than most. A little pricey on some things!!!!!!!

http://www.racer91m.com/servlet/Detail?no=199

I'm sure that's just what roush's retail list price is . . . they tend to be a little expensive

I'll let them know so they can fix it, lol.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
I'd honestly would want the rest of the interior to match the seats. The seats are badass; look very "High End" European.

DON'T go with black, especially with the tropic green. The color seats you have a perfect, just gotta coordinate the rest of the interior.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
WOW!, those seats look like they just came out of a Ferrari

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
WOW!, those seats look like they just came out of a Ferrari

Man, you are GOOD!!

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
R
"Absolut Rara."
OP Offline
"Absolut Rara."
R
So, while I'm working on getting rid of these beautiful seats (they are for sale for anyone interested; I'd take $2600+shipping for the pair, compare that to $3400 elsewhere . . .) I'm trying to decide which seats go in now. i have two options I'm deciding between, and likely one set will end up in the contour, and the other set in the cobra . . .

First up, are the same basic seat as the ones above, but with no sliding thigh bolster, and are covered in Black Alcantara.

http://www.racer91m.com/servlet/Detail?no=120

OR

There is the used seats from another OEM (these are supplied to an italian OEM by sparco, these seats just don't have the embossed logo of the OEM) i used to own these seats, but sold them to another CEG'er, and have arranged to repurchase them as soon as tan seats sell.
Don't mind the nasty slider hardware, since that would be replaced anyway.

And, so you can see the pimp part of them, here is a shot of the seat back:

I lub me some carbonous fibers . . .

So, which seats should go in which car????

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard