OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I found this, and I think the concept is pretty much the same,

Bake open the headlamps,
test fit the projectors,
Custom make a bracket,
Custom make some bezel/shrouds.

You also need to mount them ABSOLUTELY perfect to mount them perfectly so that the AIMING is dead on.

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75144

Here's the link, I know Goonz is going to yell at me for this, but if and when I attempt doing these, I will put up a HOW-TO w/ pics. Okay guys? Uh... if someone has taken pics of their projector mounting, please chime in and POST THE BLOODY PICTURES... TIA CEG.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
also found this which is very useful for those ready to invest in this project...

http://faqlight.carpassion.info/car-with-conv-oem-halo-projectors.htm

you guys probably already know, but I want to attempt this soon .

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
honestly you can use all those as reference but none of them will apply to the contour headlight, its just a very complex pita headlight to work with..

and honestly, I saw that site a whiiiile back, he got lucky with everything falling into place like his shroud pretty much taking up the whole lows area, thats lucky and good for him..

ahh TSX projector

oo and also btw, thats MILAN who use to retrofitt, he's long since gone and wants to have nothing to do with projectors..

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I didn't take a ton of pics eary on into the retrofit, but i'll post what i've got.

And ya, if you do it like me, permanently mount the projectors, make sure the aim is perfect.... left to right, up and down, and rotationally (the automotive lighting faq and daniel stern's website both describe the procedure well). I found a loading dock about .5 miles from my house that was pretty even and flat, used it to prefect my aim over several nights...probably made 10 trips there and back per projector.

Obviously details will be different based on which projector you use, and it's dimensions, as well as wether or not you keep the stock high beam...if not, you can just pull the whole reflector bowl assembly.

Pics of how i cut the housing:

Pics of the lamp seated in there:

Some pics before i sealed up the front or back:

And Dion put a bunch of pics of his set up in the old how to thread.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
^^
very nicely done! clean as hell. 100% leak free?

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
So far no leaks...but i didn't use silicone, i used liquid epoxy to seal the front lense to housing, and this kick ass putty epoxy to seal the projector housing to the lamp housing. I'll see if i can find the data sheets.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
excellent

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
nice job, does your orange reflector conform to the side of the housing?
or is that an illusion?
my reflector is a flat piece of orange reflector material.

also, i thik you should have painted the area around the projector to match the silver of the rest of the head light, it kinda looks like a black eye.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by ElKy:

also, i thik you should have painted the area around the projector to match the silver of the rest of the head light, it kinda looks like a black eye.

yea, i was gonna say that

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
nice job, does your orange reflector conform to the side of the housing?

Yes, it does go up the side, that's how the mystique lamps are...just a styling change i guess since both contour and mystique conform to DOT regs.

Whatever, I like how it looks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard