Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1632443 08/19/06 01:17 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Hey, I did a bit of searching through this forum and I didn't find if anyone has done a detailed how-to on mounting them? I seem to remember some people posting that they had to modify the bracket to make them fit without being 'jittery' and the light bouncing all over the place. If anyone could help me out with a link to the thread (if it exists) i'd be quite happy. Or if anyone has some advice on how to go about doing it... i'll be doing the install tomorrow and taking pictures.

Also... could anyone point me to how to take off the front bumper? I've been meaning to do that to see how much I could clean it up and I figure now would be the time since I am trying to install different foglights. Thanks!

#1632444 08/19/06 01:25 AM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I mounted the pro-burner brackets to the flat bottom part of the SVT fog brackets using one screw for each light. I had to remove the PB brackets and and put them back onto the lights backwards to make them aim correctly(you'll see what I mean when you get into it). All in all, its pretty straight forward and hard to f up.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
#1632445 08/19/06 03:28 PM
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Jason43:
I mounted the pro-burner brackets to the flat bottom part of the SVT fog brackets using one screw for each light. I had to remove the PB brackets and and put them back onto the lights backwards to make them aim correctly(you'll see what I mean when you get into it). All in all, its pretty straight forward and hard to f up.

yeah, its pretty easy to install them if you already have fog light brackets... if you dont its a PITA, I had to fabricate my own brackets... No you dont have to remove the bumper... it may make things a little easier, but if you take off the radior splash shield you will get plenty enough access to the fog lights.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
#1632446 08/20/06 01:27 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Sweet. Well nuts own, yet again.

Pictures coming soon.

#1632447 09/03/06 11:52 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Phew,
don't get these things. They are [censored] straight up. I had 3 exchanges before I got two lights that worked... then three days ago I had a bulb burn out. What high quality.

Ya get what you pay for, so avoid these lights even though they look real nice when they work.

#1632448 09/04/06 05:12 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I wouldn't go as far as telling people to not get them. I've gone at least a year now with them, and they've been great

#1632449 09/04/06 05:22 AM
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I wouldn't go as far as telling people to not get them. I've gone at least a year now with them, and they've been great

How much did you pay?? And are they from wal mart??

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
#1632450 09/04/06 05:58 PM
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Reebs:

I never had such a problem, I thought one of them had burned out, but it actually just came unplugged. They were awesome, I always got complements with them, I was always asked if they were PIAA's or Hellas.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
#1632451 09/04/06 07:24 PM
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by AliasJerkâ?¢:

I never had such a problem, I thought one of them had burned out, but it actually just came unplugged. They were awesome, I always got complements with them, I was always asked if they were PIAA's or Hellas.

I don't know much about them at all... are they plastic or glass covering the bulb!?!? And how much did you pay Alias?

Reebs

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
#1632452 09/04/06 07:45 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J

I don't know much about them at all... are they plastic or glass covering the bulb!?!? And how much did you pay Alias?

Reebs

Do a search for pro-burners. They've been discussed several times.

As far as the quality, they've been fine for me. They lasted about a year and a half before one burned out and I replaced them with another set.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
#1632453 09/05/06 12:06 AM
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A

Reebs

They are glass, you really cant go wrong at $20 for the pair.

I was extremely close to ordering some angel eye hellas but they were like $60 for the pair. I couldnt justify for the same look for $40 more, plus getting angel eyes, which I probably would never use anyways.

damn it I miss that car

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard