Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I don't need anything fancy or alot of capacity. I found this:
https://www.buyaib.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=7695

Seems like a good deal. I found it through pricewatch.com. It also works and a USB drive and FM tuner which keeps me from having to buy a separate USB drive. Thoughts?

Ken PackRat is my hero!
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
I bought the previous version that was a 256mb. I literally bought mine while in China and it worked fine. Nothing fancy and the quality was okay. But, after many months and many hours of listening, the screen would work, but only intermittently. Sometimes it would turn on, but most times it would not. I memorized the button sequence to play songs, and get past the intial new battery phase, but it is quite an inconvienience. I can't say if this is an isolated case or not, but just a heads up!

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Would you know if that's OS X compatible? I've been thinking of buying my sister an MP3 player, something small since she wouldn't use it often. iPod is best (since she uses iTunes) but obviously too expensive.

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Keep an eye out on www.woot.com they have really cheap MP3 players up there from time to time. I bought a Rio Forge from there a few months ago, seems to work great, and has an SD card slot for expansion.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
L
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
L
I *think* it is. I've used it on my linux box and gone to a windows machine to use it afterwards. It's just a USB drive with hardware to play audio files. It's a decent player, minus the broken screen. But, the single AAA battery lasts for a LONG time, well over 10 hours, maybe 15 hours!

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Try ebay.

iPods are great and you can get cheap ones.

iPod shuffle is $69 or $99

iPod Nano is $149, $199, or $249

Dan

Dan 2000 Mercury Mystique Tidal Wave Blue 17" Maxxim Ahead Gold Rims ED Molded Bodykit http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2384075
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by klavender:
I don't need anything fancy or alot of capacity. I found this:
https://www.buyaib.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=7695

Seems like a good deal. I found it through pricewatch.com. It also works and a USB drive and FM tuner which keeps me from having to buy a separate USB drive. Thoughts?

it depends on how much music you want to carry on you at any given time. 512mb is not alot of space...especially if you're going to be storing other stuff on it too.

If you don't mind copying new music to it every other day or listening to the same music over and over, then i'd say go ahead.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Refurb iPod Nanos start at $109 for a 1G and are $129 for a 2G. 1 year warranty, supposed to be just like new.

Scott

Troll! '99 BMW 328i
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Thanks for the input. Contour.org was down and I'm impatient. I ended up going with this one:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2273652&Sku=R104-2026

It will end up being $22 after shipping and rebate. I just started running for exercise and can't run that far yet. I just wanted it for that. And maybe tranferring a few pictures from time to time.

Ken PackRat is my hero!
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
meh. whatever is good for you man.

personally, i find it easier to have my whole music collection on my device...then i never get caught without a song i spontaneously want to hear, and i only have to update it occasionally.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard