Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by ElKy:
simple greean automotive and some CD2 engine detailer...

Simple Green FTMFW!

I have ALWAYS washed my engine with the power sprayer, up until 2 months ago when I started hand washing. I have NEVER had any issue whatsoever. The only thing I would warn about is to stay clear of the open air filter. Either cover it up, or just don't spray towards it. I suppose, as with anything, YMMV.

Now that I hand wash, I spray it down with Simple Green, let it sit for a few mintues, then rinse with the water hose; no spraying, just let the water run and rinse of the cleaner. My engine looks as good as it did coming off the new car lot!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Spray everything down with tire foam or tire silicone for that "WOW look" , trust me!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
there's really no need to use a power washer. A simple green/water/dish soap mixture in a spray bottle works just fine. Even if it doesn't, it's nothing a brush or scrub pad couldn't handle.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by TGO:
dish soap mixture in a spray bottle

"Oh god no!!! You'll dry out and damage all the rubber hoses in there!!! Don't EVER use dish soap on your car, NEVER! The car gods will strike you down where you stand!"

If you can't tell, I say use all the damn dish soap you want!

***EDIT*** Oh yeah, and Simple Green FTMFW!!

Last edited by IRingTwyce; 08/21/06 04:29 AM.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Ive also found that for my tastes, simple green leaves everything with an acceptable "sheen." Not tire foam slippery/shiney, but it looks conditioned and very clean. Not sure if this is the SG or not, but nothing looks dried out or crusty by any means.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:

If you can't tell, I say use all the damn dish soap you want!

***EDIT*** Oh yeah, and Simple Green FTMFW!!

as long as you wash it down really good, i don't see a problem.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by TGO:
there's really no need to use a power washer. A simple green/water/dish soap mixture in a spray bottle works just fine. Even if it doesn't, it's nothing a brush or scrub pad couldn't handle.

I agree. I am old school and this is the way to go. Don't have to worry about having to start the car to let it dry whatever is left in the engine bay or worry about water getting splashed into connectors you forgot to cover or exposed wiring you didn't know about.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
just to add, i usually cover the intake and coil pack with bags to keep water out. If there's still dirt they can be cleaned by hand. Lightly hose everything off, and dry it more with a towel.

My battery is in the trunk...but i still cover it when i wash the car because it drips when you open the tunk later!

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
I used to power wash my Zetec all the time......Then the last time she never ran right again....

R.I.P. Blue....

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard