Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Well I just replace dthe power antenna a few months ago and it was working fine until I came home on night and it went down for hte last time. The antenna won't move up and is stuck in the down position. I started noticing it when my radio would cut out on stations that I wouldn't hear static on. I checked and when turning on the deck, the antenna motor doesn't make the sound of it moving up and down? I've searched in the forums, but I was wondering if I can fix this problem by taking apart the motor or re lubing something? I tried lubricating the antenna but I think the motor is gone? What should I do to easily and cheaply fix this problem? BTW when I Was at the yard recently, all the Mystique LS's were gone so junk yard antenna motor is probably out of the question for now. TIA CEG

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by m4gician:
What should I do to easily and cheaply fix this problem? BTW when I Was at the yard recently, all the Mystique LS's were gone so junk yard antenna motor is probably out of the question for now. TIA CEG

www.car-part.com for used power antenna. Maybe Ebay or from Bill Jenkins for new.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard