Next Thread
Print Thread
J
J3SVT Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
A friend asked me to help me help him out installing his aftermarket head unit into his 2000 caravan. No problem removing trim and radio etc. Have the harness etc. all plugged in. I'm almost positive it is not an infinity sound system but it does have a connection for an amplifier which is green and black. There are six speakers in the van. Two on the dash, two in the front doors, and two in the back. The two in the door will not work. I have the ground connected to a braided silver cable which grounded the factory stereo. I've tried a few combinations with the remote wire with the amp etc. Checked fuses. Any ideas?

98' Black SVT Build #1915 of 6535
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Probly need to bypass that amp.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
J
J3SVT Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
I thought about that. But, I'm not sure where the amp is, and there should be a way to at least get sound out of those speakers without bypassing. The four that work sound fine. Is it possible dodge only connected the amp to those two speakers? BTW, thanks for the post Big Daddy.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
last time i worked on a recent caravan with amp there was a amp on each of the rear speaker, so i removed each speaker, bypass their amp (which was fit behind the speaker) and replug it directly to the oem wire

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by SVT3Rivieres:
last time i worked on a recent caravan with amp there was a amp on each of the rear speaker, so i removed each speaker, bypass their amp (which was fit behind the speaker) and replug it directly to the oem wire

That's just like my friend's old Ram... all speaker wires for each side ran to the 2 front speakers, which had amps mounted to them, then ran from there to the rear speakers. Had to do a little ohming out and then cutting/splicing to get a straight shot from the HU to the rear speakers.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
J
J3SVT Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Thanks for the replies guys. But my question is, with amps at the back speakers why wouldn't the front door speakers work, when the rear speakers work fine. Also, there is a connection that was connected to the old factory unit. Do I just ground that to the braided cable and the head unit's ground, thus grounding all three together? I tried that with no luck, though as far as getting the door speakers to work.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I would try bypassing those amps anyway, just to see what happens.

If all the wiring is correctly hooked up on the HU end, you know the signal is going somewhere and stopping, which is probly at those amps. Maybe the rear speakers are not on the amps, while the front ones are?

As long as there is continuity from the braided cable to the car chassis, it will work.

And just for fun, did you check the fader on the HU? It could be all the way to the rear... I know it's one of those "I'm smarter than that," but it happens, trust me

J
J3SVT Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
LOL. Yeah, I checked the fader. My best guess is either those are the only speakers amped and like you said the signal is stopping there, OR since it's a rebuilder, maybe there aren't even any speakers in the doors? I was too lazy to check and they didn't care, they said it sounded find, so that's that, I guess.

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard