Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Anyone use this coolant in your Contour?

Time for a flush and fill and this is the green stuff that I can readily find.

Says it is good for all makes and all models.

I know that the newer Fords use something similar to Zerex G-05, but would like to know if anyone here has used this version of green coolant?

Thanks

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Over at bobistheoilguy.com the prevailing opinion that Prestone "all makes all models" is practically the same as Prestone's version of DexCool but with green dye instead of orange. The additive package is OAT (organic acid technology) based, but the specific OAT chemistry is a little different from the GM OEM coolant (Texaco).

I have installed it in a few cars with no noticable drama. I don't think you will have any trouble with it either.

The newer Ford Gold coolant is indeed Zerex G05. It has a hybrid additive package aka HOAT. It is OAT with a very low dose of silicate. G05 is also used by Chrysler and Mercedes (with different dye color).

Ford recently published that Ford Gold can be safely retrofitted on 99 and newer Ford products except those that use DesCool (Cougars) or the Mercury Village (rebadged Nissan).

If it is safe for a 99 is seems it should be safe for any year Contique.

I have used DexCool in my car since it was a year old. I have had no trouble with it. You should be fine with Prestone "all makes all models" or Zerox G05.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Thanks Big Jim

I found it at Target for 6.89 a gallon, and will flush with distilled water and then fill 5 qts of this coolant.

I am glad that someone has some run time of this newer type of coolant.

Car has 60,000 miles and it was time for the coolant to go.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard