Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Mike(CSVT#49),
Thanks for posting the step by step how to.

I know what to do if and when the time comes.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
I
icysvt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by CSVT#49:
Originally posted by icysvt:
Originally posted by Tony2005:
tony do you know if the harness in that how to is just one harness

CSVT#49's how to is one harness. The recall has 4 harnesses. The $600 is for all 4 harness. Check with Bill Jenkins if you can purchase just the one that you need. Read the posted links.

ok if that is just one harness then that is the fix i need and it won't be that expensive either i don't guess i'll contact bill

Yea sorry I didn't chime in on this earlier.

First of all you need to ask yourself if you have less then 100,000 miles on your car. If you do, then your saved, Ford will replace your harnesses under the recall 99M03 because of your cars production date. You may need to call Ford Customer service and speak to a representative. However you will first have to call a dealership and speak with someone there. Tell them the problems, and give them that recall number. Make sure you speak to a service manager tell him/her who you are, your VIN number and explain the recall. Chances are he/she will know about it and explain to you that it is only for 95-97 Contours and that your VIN number does not come up under the recall. This is fine tell him/her you are going to call Ford Customer Service because you know that it is covered and tell them about your situation. When speaking to customer serivce make reference to the dealership and the service manager so that when Ford Customer Service authorizes the dealership to make the repair under that recall they will have a contact to that dealer and have a person to speak to, in this case the service manager you spoke with. Everything after that will be fine and dandy. You will just have to get your car to the dealership for the repairs.

If you do decide to do it yourself because you have over 100,000miles then you just need to rewire the main engine harness and check the other harnesses for problems. Refer to the recall for part numbers and harnesses to check. If you have issues with the wiring for the cam and crank sensors that will be where you spend most of your time rewiring, but everything else is pretty quick and painless. The crank and cam sensor have a copper wire wrapped around the signal wires to prevent signal interference to the ECM. I had to strip insulation off of the wires I bought to wrap it around the new signal wires. I have pictures of the process from when I did this HERE. If you have any questions PM me or post here and I will try my best to answer them.

Good luck.

that is awesome!!!!!!! my car has 95000 on it so i guess i'm saved but my car is in pieces right now alt out pass caliper and wheel bearing. do i just get it all together and just then set it up to take in or what? i kinda butchered the covering on the wires on the harness chasing wires and found the bad ones. i hope this doesn't cause an issue??

1998 CSVT #844 Born May 9,1997 Silver n Blue B&M Short throw shifter Eibach springs 4 Memphis PR 12" www.cardomain.com/ride/2273778
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
... do i just get it all together and just then set it up to take in or what?..

Yes.

... .. i kinda butchered the covering on the wires on the harness chasing wires and found the bad ones. i hope this doesn't cause an issue??

"Oh my God, I did not know it was that bad. Am I glad it is covered by the recall and I brought it in on time. It would have caused a fire one of these days with me driving", said icysvt with a shocked look in his face when told of the wires being butchered.

Last edited by Tony2005; 08/17/06 04:03 AM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
I
icysvt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I

Yes.

... .. i kinda butchered the covering on the wires on the harness chasing wires and found the bad ones. i hope this doesn't cause an issue??

"Oh my God, I did not know it was that bad. Am I glad it is covered by the recall and I brought it in on time. It would have caused a fire one of these days with me driving", said icysvt with a shocked look in his face when told of the wires being butchered.

LMFAO thats great. I'll just throw some new loom over the wires and tow it in after i get them to tell me they will fix the problem. this is all a big weight off my shoulders now

1998 CSVT #844 Born May 9,1997 Silver n Blue B&M Short throw shifter Eibach springs 4 Memphis PR 12" www.cardomain.com/ride/2273778
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C

Yes.

LMFAO thats great. I'll just throw some new loom over the wires and tow it in after i get them to tell me they will fix the problem. this is all a big weight off my shoulders now

Oh my you are so fricking lucky!!

Just make sure you follow the instructions I gave you. You need to contact the dealer first getting the appropriate people involved and then contacting Ford Customer Service. As they will ask you for the dealer information that is going to be doing the work as well as a contact person there. Good luck you lucky bastard!

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
I
icysvt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I

Yes.

Just make sure you follow the instructions I gave you. You need to contact the dealer first getting the appropriate people involved and then contacting Ford Customer Service. As they will ask you for the dealer information that is going to be doing the work as well as a contact person there. Good luck you lucky bastard!

ya good luck my ass! I hate FORD I went thru the dealer with my vin not showing a recall then called ford customer service only to have them look at the vin and show nothing for it i try to explain and they won't have it. Try to get a supervisor on the phone twice neither time with any luck. I need to find someone that ford has done this for or get in touch with somone that know this issue they basically all told me it isn't for my car cause my vin doesn't bring it up. i ordered the harness from bill overnight for 325 and some change but if i can get them to do it i will and can send it back to him or get reimbursed at least

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E

...i ordered the harness from bill ...

Which harness did you order?

I
icysvt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by eepals:

...i ordered the harness from bill ...

Which harness did you order?

the harness i ordered is the same one CSVT#49 removed in his how to it goes from near the battery across under the coil pack and over to the front of the engine it has the mega fuse under it and goes to the alt also and near the firewall there is a plug under the power steering fluid tank

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C

Yes.

ya good luck my ass! I hate FORD I went thru the dealer with my vin not showing a recall then called ford customer service only to have them look at the vin and show nothing for it i try to explain and they won't have it. Try to get a supervisor on the phone twice neither time with any luck. I need to find someone that ford has done this for or get in touch with somone that know this issue they basically all told me it isn't for my car cause my vin doesn't bring it up. i ordered the harness from bill overnight for 325 and some change but if i can get them to do it i will and can send it back to him or get reimbursed at least

Like I said in my PM you MUST MENTION AND EMPHASIZE THE 99M03 RECALL you will get no where with out it. The Ford dealership will not fix your car under that recall unless they have permission from Ford Motor Company, aka Ford pays for the repairs. Also you need to read them the line in the recall letter stating: Certain 1995 - 1997 Contour and Mystique vehicles built from Job #1 1995 through Model Year End 1997. Then again state how your car was built in 1997 and falls underneath the jobs completed from 1995-1997.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
I
icysvt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I

Yes.

Like I said in my PM you MUST MENTION AND EMPHASIZE THE 99M03 RECALL you will get no where with out it. The Ford dealership will not fix your car under that recall unless they have permission from Ford Motor Company, aka Ford pays for the repairs. Also you need to read them the line in the recall letter stating: Certain 1995 - 1997 Contour and Mystique vehicles built from Job #1 1995 through Model Year End 1997. Then again state how your car was built in 1997 and falls underneath the jobs completed from 1995-1997.

i could not get anywhere with their customer service people because my vin does not come up with anything they said that because i did not recieve a letter stating that my car was covered it won't be covered they said it goes by vin. They even tried to tell me that they could not find that recall so i guess i'll just have to wait and see if a supervisor ever calls me back cause i can't get anywhere with the peons that answer the phone

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard