Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
I don't get how riding the bus is a punishment.

I rode the bus all through high school, because even after I was old enough to get my license, I didn't have a car. And even if I did, for my senior year I went to a high school that was ~15 miles away. A round trip every day would have been more than a gallon of gas, every day. Screw that, I would have ridden the school bus anyway. Just like now, I generally leave my car parked at home and ride the town bus to get to campus.

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Wouldn't have worked where I lived in HS. I was within "walking distance" so no bus picked us up even if we wanted to.

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
I recieved a speeding ticket about 4 years ago (79 days after I got my actual license). I told my mother, paid the fine, and my mother took my license away from me for 7 months. Now, I don't drive like a moron because I see how much that little piece of plastic means in life. So I say good for the judge and trying to make them realize what kind of a privilege it is to operate a motor vehicle.

I call my E0 Claire. 24 hour what? I'm looking to buy a like-new condition SVT grill, and a shift knob that works with the reverse lever PM me with the details.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Pete D:
Wouldn't have worked where I lived in HS. I was within "walking distance" so no bus picked us up even if we wanted to.

I went to a private school which drew students from a large region. School bus service was not available for a large number of the students.

Tom '00 Cougar '95 Mark VIII
A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
The bus drivers in my town don't set any examples for the students that ride the bus. There is a stop sign on school property that the school set up that caused tons of tickets for running a stop sign. Many times I've been nearly ran over by a school bus because they ran that stop sign. I went as far as talking to the principle he just told me that he had nothing to say and asked me to leave.

This sounds like a decent punishment, but what if a bus wont come to your area? no school? wooo!

For the judge to limit the parents ability to drive their own kid to school is just a little too far I'd say.

1996 ford contour sport
Originally posted by Cookie Monster:
Sometimes I just start slowing down and glare in the rearview and say "yeah I could go for an SVT rear". Jackasses.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
Suspending a license is one thing, but making them ride the school bus (shame train) and not allowing parents to drive them to school is excessively intrusive.

Remember the school bus punishment is only if the judge feels that is the proper punishment for you. meaning your not sorry for what you did and the only way to learn from your wrong doing is a punishment that will really make you think about the privilege you had and abused.

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Doppelg�¤nger:
Originally posted by todras:
Glad they didn't have that when I was that age. I got lifts at 15. Thank god I had older friends. F the bus mang!

Riding the cheese was a respectible form of transportation when where were younger.

when you were what??? 5?

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Wonder what happens when the kid is in walking distance...

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by TaurusKev:
Wonder what happens when the kid is in walking distance...

um, they just walk to school?

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by JeSiZZle:
Originally posted by Doppelg�¤nger:
Originally posted by todras:
Glad they didn't have that when I was that age. I got lifts at 15. Thank god I had older friends. F the bus mang!

Riding the cheese was a respectible form of transportation when where were younger.

when you were what??? 5?

Always in my day. Not a shame to ride the bus. WTF is wrong with kids these days? You think it's some sort of right? Think again!

I rode the bus until I got a job that required me to have transportation at all times - newspaper photographer. I had to share the car with 2 other siblings otherwise...

to them!!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard