Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by todras:
I got lifts at 15. Thank god I had older friends.

45 year old men are not your friends, even if you need a ride home

no wonder you get sick at the sight/smell/taste of mayo

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Horse:
Originally posted by TBoomer:
Originally posted by Batmobile:
I agree that taking away a teenager's license is a great idea but to make them ride the bus is too much only because I think that taking the bus might not be practical for everyone.

And I believe that is the point. The students will have to re-arrange their lives if they want a proper education...thus will think twice about driving like morons next time.
I like this decision.

+1

+2 me likey

Oh, and these days, kids who have licenses don't wanna be caught riding the bus, it's just not cool, that's why it's such a good punishment.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:

no wonder you get sick at the sight/smell/taste of mayo

Mayo has nothing in common except it also includes gametes.

I have an issue where judges can impose whatever penalty they want. That is far too much discretionary power to trust a member of government with.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
they've been doing that here forever. if you get a moving violation in your probation period (used to be the first 6 months after getting your license, now it's until you turn 18), they revoke your license for a year...or six months, or something like that. andi think you have to go through the process of getting your license again.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by TGO:
they've been doing that here forever. if you get a moving violation in your probation period (used to be the first 6 months after getting your license, now it's until you turn 18), they revoke your license for a year...or six months, or something like that. andi think you have to go through the process of getting your license again.

Zactly. This way, the kids learn something about responsibility, authority, and acceptable behavior. When the punishment is done, the matter is dismissed as stated in the story. No points, no suspension, nuttin'. Sweet deal if you ask me.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Revoking a license is one thing but forcing them to ride the bus seems like it is pushing it. They can't even get rides to school, they are forced to ride a bus.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:
Revoking a license is one thing but forcing them to ride the bus seems like it is pushing it. They can't even get rides to school, they are forced to ride a bus.

That's why it's called punishment. You are put into a situation that you do not want. The whole point is to get the attention of the young drivers & have them learn from the ordeal.

It's not really punishment if you're OK with the penalty now is it?

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
How can you force someone to ride a bus? That is my point.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard