Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#1631302 08/17/06 02:50 AM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by EuroTour:
Originally posted by NO 4 EVR:

eh, I have the keyless remote, i'll lock it while its running. That'll confuse some people.
The car is one step closer to being truely keyless

I dont care if it is broken, i'm not fixing that!

Umm, good luck with that. I found out the hard way that when the car is running, the keyless system is disabled. Try it with the trunk or the door locks if you dont believe me.

Not an issue with the '88 Merc. Might be with the '96 Riviera... good point. But there's always that key in your pocket.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#1631303 08/17/06 05:53 AM
N
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
N

Umm, good luck with that. I found out the hard way that when the car is running, the keyless system is disabled. Try it with the trunk or the door locks if you dont believe me.

Part of me didnt believe you because in my 92 bonnie the keyless worked all the time. And low and behold the keyless works while the Riv is running with the key in my hand!!

Best mobile phone resource site, especially Sony Ericsson 1996 Buick Riviera Gutted airbox K&N Air filter Modded boost bypass valve
#1631304 08/17/06 02:16 PM
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by NO 4 EVR:

Part of me didnt believe you because in my 92 bonnie the keyless worked all the time. And low and behold the keyless works while the Riv is running with the key in my hand!!

With the Mercury Villager, you can lock and unlock the doors using the factory FOB while the engine is running. You can't lock it by sliding the lock on the door while the key in the ignition. This is to prevent accidental lock outs.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
#1631305 08/17/06 05:35 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I bet most of you guys are too young to remember that Chevvies from the early 60's had an ignition lock that would let you turn on and off the ignition without a key. You could use the key to optionally lock the ignition, but otherwise, you could drive the car forever without ever inserting the key in the ignition. It was a neat feature for a simpler time when most folks never took their keys out of the ignition, much less locked the doors.

-Mark- '99 Mystique LS, totally original (including the original water pump and the premium stereo)! Bought new in December 1998 for $21,000. 208,000 miles
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard