Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
anyone have any ideas how much a junkyard would want for an MTX (75) I need to rebuild mine, but am considering just swapping it out.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
U pull R parts in MN wants 150$ if you pull it out. make sure you get one off a V6 because the bolt pattern on the zetec is not the same, even though its basically the same tranny.

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I know someone is selling one for cheap. Could be brought to Terry for an inspection and replacement of worn parts. Otherwise you never know what you are getting. Swapping in a JY trans is plain idiotic unless you like pulling the trans a few times. How do you know if it has any grinding going into any of the gears until you go through the work of installing it? What is the condition of the diff. etc etc etc.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
I guess you are right. I might as well remove it and rebuild it myself. I have been tinking with the idea of taking it out and putting in a LSD, and changing the CV joints and timeing chain while I am in there. I just havent gotten around to it.

The problem comes when I want to shift into third it usually grinds a bit. The more I push on the transmission, the worse it gets. Sometimes it does not do it, but that is becoming rarer and rarer.

K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
I have a tranny from a '98 SVT for sale. Also has the 3rd gear grind but would be great to send to Terry.

98 T-Red SVT -- TH/BAT Tranny -- SPEC Clutch & Flywheel Torsen - Keyed Tower - Custom shift forks Optimized TB - B&M Shifter - Elky Mesh - Indiglo
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by murph914:
anyone have any ideas how much a junkyard would want for an MTX (75) I need to rebuild mine, but am considering just swapping it out.

You should go to ctamotorsports.com they are selling brand new MTX-75's for like $800.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
And he was smart he'd get a used one and have it inspected and an LSD put in for a few hundred above that.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
i have just replaced the mine with a junk trainy of a svt 98 black with 10 0500 milles and work flawless cost to me 300 dlls with clutch and flyweel i only need obtain the ford honey for a smooth change buth i like the used one

http://www.cardomain.com/profile/svtmexicali Contour SVT 98 #1862 of 6535 born 06/11/1997 9.20 1/8 mile semi slick www.rudos-racing.com
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
You should go to ctamotorsports.com they are selling brand new MTX-75's for like $800.

My brother just bought one from them and you can order it with LSD. Well worth it just to buy a new one. Trust me I have now replaced two transmissions and you do not want to go through that mess more then once if you don't have too. Just make sure that when you get the trans shipped to your house you check to make sure you actually have a V6 transaxle. The first one that showed up to my parents place for my brother was a 4 cylinder transaxle. CTAmotorsports may sell the transmissions, but they are built and shipped by an independent company in Florida.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by CSVT#49:
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:

My brother just bought one from them and you can order it with LSD. Well worth it just to buy a new one. Trust me I have now replaced two transmissions and you do not want to go through that mess more then once if you don't have too. Just make sure that when you get the trans shipped to your house you check to make sure you actually have a V6 transaxle. The first one that showed up to my parents place for my brother was a 4 cylinder transaxle. CTAmotorsports may sell the transmissions, but they are built and shipped by an independent company in Florida.

Yea Terry Haines does the upgrades for them. He has a deal with BAT. As I first said and have said again and again the smartest way is to get a used trans and have Terry go through it. Replace worn parts and install an LSD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard